Tile Flooring Specialist
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Responsible to cut tiles and shape them properly to ensure correct fit around obstacles and in tight corners and odd spaces using power and hand tools.
2. Form tile beds using concrete, plaster mastic, cement, glue or mortar utilizing tools such as screeds, bushes and trowels.
3. Align tiles and straighten them with straightedges, levels and squares to ensure patterns are even and precise.
4. Cut, install, polish, and surface granite and marble and ensure accuracy during the installation process for lasting results.
5. Prepare various surfaces for tiling with waterproofing material or lath and by cleaning the surfaces properly.
6. Create decorative wall and floor designs by laying and setting mosaic tiles in various settings such as kitchens, bathrooms and other spaces in the casino.
7. Tap tiles into place carefully using tools to properly adhere tiles to the base, making sure not to break or damage tiles.
8. Follow blueprints precisely and mark and measure surfaces that need to be tiled to determine how to go about jobs.
9. Performs all other work-related duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
Work Experience Required: Previous experience setting, installing, and finishing tiles in a commercial setting.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: Ceramic and Mosaic Tile Contractor License issued from the State of California or 6-10 years related experience.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent; associate’s degree is a plus.
Other Requirements: Carpentry and renovation experience a plus. Ability to lift heavy materials and equipment throughout the shift. Outstanding attention to detail. Must demonstrate positive/enthusiastic approach to all projects. Must work safely and take special precautions to protect against injury. Demonstrate good communication skills with Engineering team. Must be clean, well-groomed, and have a professional appearance per company standards. Attendance and punctuality are an essential function of the position.
Commerce Casino operates 24 hours, 7 days a week. Schedules may vary depending on business needs.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA