Customer Service Trainer
6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA Req #2516
Thursday, May 12, 2022
Commerce Casino is the world’s largest card casino offering more than 200 tables. Established in 1983, the casino values its staff of over 2,500 employees and is proud to be known as “Where the World Comes to Play.” Commerce Casino offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), vacation time, and much more!
Casino Training Coordinators provide excellent customer service to all team members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. As part of the leadership team, the Training Coordinators are expected display role-model behaviors of superior customer service, positive attitude, cooperation and accountability.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
More than half of job duties include:
1. Develops, designs and facilitates primary training programs such as Compliance Training, New Hire Orientation, New Applicants training and Leadership development and trains all casino dealers, chip attendants, floor attendants and casino supervisors.
2. Reviewing surveillance footage of casino employees to measure performance, initiating corrective/disciplinary action for performance mistakes and coaching casino employees on best practices and procedures.
3. Creates and and implements policies and standard operating procedures related to casino dealers, chip attendants, floor attendants and casino supervisors.
4. Setting performance standards and work goals for casino dealers, chip attendants, floor attendants and casino supervisors on their shift.
5. Creating and administering employee performance evaluations as necessary per Company policies.
6. Interviews chip attendants, floor attendants and casino supervisor candidates and participates as a judge for casino dealer auditions.
7. Monitors and instructs staff regarding safety regulations and procedures.
8. Knows Commerce Casino’s progressive discipline / grievance procedures, interviewing, hiring and termination procedures.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
9. Performs gap analysis to identify opportunities for enhancing training, development and performance at the operational level.
10. Assures Integrity and Compliance of all Games are consistently maintained within Company Policy and Procedures.
11. Works closely with the Shift Managers, Casino Supervisors, Human Resources, Compliance and Surveillance to improve work performance of casino employees.
12. Creating a dealer school program for developing new dealers for live games and tournament use.
13. Provides strategic and development programs, including online learning and onsite training.
14. Performs all other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
15. Keeps Casino Management informed of any unusual activities.
16. Must be able to resolve conflicts and have effective communication skills with all levels of employees and be able to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
17. Performs all other work-related duties as assigned by Casino Management.
Work Experience Required: 3-5 years’ experience in casino gaming supervision.
Education: College degree and/or equivalent combination of work experience and education. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Training and Development, Casino Operations closely related field.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA