Pub Manager - Public Coast Brewing
Craft beer. Pub eats. Steps from the beach.
At Public Coast we are looking for a magnetic leader to join our culinary skilled, Oregon Coast Inspired, beer-loving team. Surrounded by a skilled and knowledgeable group of individuals, the leader we seek will be the primary leader of pub. Leading the front of house team, this person will work closely with our owner and Columbia Hospitality on exciting initiatives and programs to continue to drive the beer experience at Public Coast.
THE BRASS TACKS
Brew Pub/Restaurant Operations
• Oversee all aspects of front of house operations for the restaurant.
• Manage all aspects of the floor, assigning counter and other duties per shift, creating an efficient flow for both front and back of house.
• Prepare weekly schedules taking into consideration fluctuations in business to control labor costs.
• Work with leadership team to manage inventory and ordering.
• Submit payroll before deadline each pay period.
• Conduct all hiring.
• Train and supervise all front of house staff in proper service etiquette and test server knowledge regarding menu offerings.
• Work in coordination with the Kitchen Manager in planning private parties.
• Conduct yearly performance reviews with all year-round front of house staff.
• Promote staff cross training and increase efficiency.
• Work with Director of Marketing to develop and maintain a marketing strategy that targets our guests and draws new customers to the restaurant.
• Seek to improve the guest experience in as many avenues as possible.
THE NITTY GRITTY
• 3+ years related experience and/or training
• The ability to read, write and speak English fluently is required to read, analyze, and interpret regulations.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Computer knowledge including Word, Excel, Outlook, Basic knowledge of POS is preferable.
• Must be flexible and able to perform multiple tasks and work in stressful situations
• Ability to create a team environment within and across departments.
• Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Strong general management skills, including time management, information analysis, planning and organizing, decision making, problem solving, and delivery of results.
• Strong financial management skills, including budget management, expense control, forecasting and analysis of financial statements.
• Strong people management skills, including coaching, motivating, delegating, scheduling and relationship-building.
• Must be able to stand and walk throughout the shift
• Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25lbs at shoulder height.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time
• Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, overhead reaching, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently; and squeezing occasionally
About Columbia Hospitality
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
People never forget how you made them feel. ”Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and a genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
- Pay Type Salary
- Cannon Beach, OR, USA
- Public Coast Pub, 264 Third Street, Cannon Beach, Oregon, United States of America