General Manager - Public Coast Brewing & Pub
Inspired by the Oregon coast, free and open to everyone, Public Coast Brewing honors that same welcoming spirit by making craft beer that's both delicious and approachable. At Public Coast, all are invited - especially beer lovers of all stripes. Kick back on our patio, grab a stool at the wrap-around bar, or watch the beer being made through the windows of the brewery.
Public Coast Brewery & Pub General Manager
Inspired by the 363 miles of publicly owned Oregon Coastline, Public Coast Brewing Co. in Cannon Beach, Oregon honors that same welcoming spirit by making craft beer that's both delicious and approachable. At Public Coast when we say Beaches Forever, Beer For Everyone, we truly mean everyone - especially beer lovers of all stripes. Our brewpub is more than just a destination, it is a full fledged experience. At any moment, you can watch the brewing process, catch our brewer’s canning, or taste several local flavors (grown on our Farm or from partners) in one sitting.
At Public Coast we are looking for a magnetic leader to join our culinary skilled, Oregon Coast Inspired, beer-loving team. Surrounded by a skilled and knowledgeable group of individuals, the leader we seek will be asked to be the primary leader of the brewery and restaurant. Leading the front and back of house teams, including the brewery, this person will work closely with our ownership group and Columbia Hospitality on exciting initiatives and programs to continue to drive the beer experience at Public Coast.
Filled with unbridled creativity and energy, Public Coast is a unique part of the Cannon Beach community. As such, there are no shortages of exciting collaborations and happenings with local businesses to showcase how extraordinary Cannon Beach is.
The Brass Tacks
Brew Pub/Restaurant Operations
• Oversee all aspects of front and back of house operations for the restaurant.
• Manage all aspects of the floor, assigning counter and other duties per shift, creating an efficient flow for both front and back of house.
• Prepare weekly schedules taking into consideration fluctuations in business to control labor costs.
• Work with leadership team to manage menus, inventory, and ordering.
• Submit payroll before deadline each pay period.
• Conduct all hiring.
• Train and supervise all front of house staff in proper service etiquette and test server knowledge regarding menu offerings.
• Work in coordination with the Kitchen Manager in planning private parties.
• Conduct yearly performance reviews with all year-round staff.
• Promote staff cross training and increase efficiency.
• Work with Director of Marketing to develop and maintain a marketing strategy that targets our guests and draws new customers to the restaurant.
• Seek to improve the guest experience in as many avenues as possible.
Brewery Production Operations
• Oversee brewery operations, with involvement from ownership group, and assist brewers to maximize efficiencies.
• Assist brewers with beer production schedules and making recommendations based on market trends.
• Assist brewers with canning and order fulfillment as needed.
• Attend all Brewer Meetings and be a key driver to assist in maximizing efficiencies.
• Assist brewers with organization and cleanliness to ensure visual guest experience and ensuring brewing space maximized.
• Coordinate with retail manager to ensure product and profit maximized.
• Coordinate with Director of Marketing to ensure all materials are consistent with desired branding of Public Coast.
• You will consistently promote and live the values of Columbia Hospitality - Honesty, Inclusion, Respect, Creativity, Enthusiasm and Accountability.
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Paid Time Off (Because Balance Matters)
• 401K Match (Free Money)
• Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
• Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
• Employee Assistance Program
• Team Member Outings
• Diverse Work Group
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
• Ability to Climb the Ladder
• Online Learning Platform to Help You Grow!
The Nitty Gritty
• 3+ years related experience in brewery operations, restaurant management and/or training
• Knowledge in beer distribution preferable.
• The ability to read, write and speak English fluently is required to read, analyze, and interpret regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Computer knowledge including Word, Excel, Outlook, basic knowledge of POS is preferable.
• Must be flexible and able to perform multiple tasks and work in stressful situations
• Ability to create a team environment within and across departments.
• Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Strong general management skills, including time management, information analysis, planning and organizing, decision making, problem solving, and delivery of results.
• Strong financial management skills, including budget management, expense control, forecasting and analysis of financial statements.
• Strong people management skills, including coaching, motivating, delegating, scheduling and relationship-building.
• Must be able to stand and walk throughout the shift
• Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50lbs at shoulder height.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time
• Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, overhead reaching, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently; and squeezing occasionally
About Columbia Hospitality
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
People never forget how you made them feel. ”Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and a genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
- Pay Type Salary
- Cannon Beach, OR, USA
- Public Coast Pub, 264 Third Street, Cannon Beach, Oregon, United States of America