People & Culture (HR) Business Partner - Los Angeles/Palm Springs
People & Culture (HR) Business Partner | Los Angeles & Palm Springs Area
We are seeking a People & Culture (HR) Business Partner to support multiple hospitality properties in the Los Angeles and Palm Springs region of California. This position will provide direction and input to property leaders regarding overall People & Culture strategies which support the culture, company direction, and the needs of the business and team members.
“People never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and a genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Paid Time Off (Because Balance Matters)
- 401K Match (Free Money)
- Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage
- Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
- Employee Assistance Program
- Team Member Outings
- Diverse Work Group
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
- Ability to Climb the Ladder
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Grow!
The Nitty Gritty
- Bachelor’s degree required and at least 5 years progressive experience in an HR Generalist role
- Independent judgment and discretion are important qualities as many duties performed are of a critical & confidential nature. Ability to remain neutral and represent the company, the leader, and the employee to promote a fair and equitable work environment.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce high quality work, be flexible, prioritize business demands, anticipate needs, be proactive, in adapting and responding to changing situations
- Extensive knowledge of general employment laws, recruitment, EEO/AAP, and policy development
- Works well in both team oriented and autonomous environments
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
- Pay Type Salary
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Palm Springs, CA, USA