Accounting/Finance - Sr Manager Financial Reporting 125-6004
The Sr. Manager, Financial Reporting will create and distribute all internal and external financial reporting documents, as well as manage and coordinate all independent financial statement audits. The Manager must be an effective manager and empathetic leader and demonstrate an ability to engage their team.
- The Manager must be aware of reporting deadlines and appropriately manage the department activities to meet all reporting deadlines and adhere to regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Demonstrate a high degree of technical competence relative to statutory accounting principles (SAP) and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and must ensure adherence to these principles.
- Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of English when writing financial and operating narratives that accompany financial reports.
- Possess a high degree of business acumen and a working knowledge of the health insurance industry.
- Prepare financial statements and develop process for efficient distribution of reports.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Excellent skills in the use of advanced spreadsheet and database applications.
- Strong business communication skills related to technical information and financial/actuarial analyses.
- Successful completion of Health Care Sanctions background check.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA required
- Five years financial auditing and financial statement preparation experience
- Three years financial statement preparation specific to health plan statutory reporting preferred
- Three years management of finance and accounting staff
- Expert knowledge of accounting systems and data management
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Highly developed technical writing and communicating skills
- Working knowledge of the health insurance industry
CommunityCare is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin
- Pay Type Salary
- Tulsa, OK, USA