Accounting/Finance - Manager Financial Planning & Analysis 125-5004
The Manager of the Financial Planning & Analysis Team is responsible for coordinating the assigned workflow for the team members, training, brainstorming and test new assignments, audit existing code, and reports produced by team members. In addition, the manager develops the corporate budget for premium and medical expense, upload data for the Accounting Department for the General and Administrative budget, prepare budget variance explanations and respond to management for work products required by the department. Run routine reports, modify existing reports, write new reports and analyzing data using company database.
- Manage the preparation of the premium and medical cost budget projections by line of business and network for the annual budget and three-year projection. Collaborates with Senior Budget & Cost Analyst to incorporate the General and Administrative budget into the financial budget. Incorporate the renewal rating report into the budget annually and monitor the actual outcome of rates issued to groups to the budgeted rate increase and explain variances.
- Manage the preparation of board reports and graphs quarterly including required explanations for the CFO and manage the preparation of the quarterly reforecast.
- Manage the preparation of reports and analyses on stop loss reinsurance activity. Improve processes as necessary. Works with reinsurance companies for both fully insured business and self-funded business to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data and reimbursements. Works with the reinsurance companies as well as other departments on the financial management of high dollar claims. Keeps Senior Management informed of key developments and large cases.
- Manage the preparation of various ad hoc projects and reports as requested by management or outside entities, including running existing reports or designing new reports.
- Mange the preparation of monthly entries provided to Accounting staff for booking, including the Medicare Part D entries, percent of premium true-up for capitation, pharmacy expense accruals, and estimated pharmacy rebates.
- Manage the preparation of the monthly IBNR calculations and reporting.
- Responsible for being the product development representative for the department.
- Supervise the maintenance of the MLR Master Table.
- Manage the preparation of detailed budget variance reports for upper management by line of business and by network.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to analyze and manipulate data in the area of financial analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to communicate results and findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Exceptional mathematical application skills.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Successful completion of Health Care Sanctions background check.
- BS or higher degree in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, actuarial science or statistics required; CPA preferred.
- Five years of related experience; preferably in a healthcare environment.
CommunityCare is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin
- Pay Type Salary
- Tulsa, OK, USA