Aftercare Case Manager I, Beacon Place
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks an Aftercare Case Manager I, Beacon Place to manage and maintain program referrals, engage in community partnerships, grant reporting, and other administrative tasks. This position will also provide services for veterans exiting GPD using a modified Critical Time Intervention (CTI) case management model in concert with a variety of motivational techniques to help veterans transition from homelessness to more stable housing options upon graduation from various GPD programs at CCH. Services are trauma informed and focus on economic stability, housing stability, community engagement, improvement of health and wellness, and education/vocation. The Grant Per Diem (GPD) Programs at the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless (CCH) offer veterans experiencing homelessness a range of transitional housing and recovery support for up to 24 months. This position is located at 3636 W. Colfax Ave., Denver, Colorado 80204 and reports to the Program Manager.
NOTE: In order to ensure that our consumers receive the best possible care the candidate chosen to fill this position will be required to complete our internal credentialing and privileging process prior to a start date. The credentialing and privileging timeline is dependent on the selected candidate's submission of documents necessary for clearance. Please note that a start date will be scheduled once credentialing and privileging is complete.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides excellent internal and external customer service, behaving in a manner that cultivates trust, respect, and teamwork.
- Provides comprehensive, structured, and trauma-informed case management support, coordination of care, documentation of progress, service tracking and outcome evaluation, and group support for participants in a timely, organized, and accurate manner.
- Meet with clients in community (i.e. home visits) to assess and monitor client needs for six (6) months after successful program completion (to include crisis intervention, as necessary). Limited meetings may occur in the office but will primarily be in the field and will adhere to the modified CTI model.
- Accesses goods/services according to client need. This will include, but is not limited to, housing, vocational services, budgeting, personal identification information, benefits acquisition, health insurance, food, treatment, etc.
- Works cooperatively/proactively with property managers, case managers, clinicians, housing navigators, and VA liaisons to support housing transition.
- Ensures that each resident is receiving the support and services they require to maintain their housing and support recovery.
- Provides weekday services to program participants that will include, on a limited basis, evenings, weekends, and on-call as needed.
- Completes all documentation and data entry as required, in a timely manner (Progress notes, Electronic Health Record, Homeless Management Information System, Case Manager Toolbox, etc).
- Record all services in a timely and complete fashion in the EHR.
- Maintain up to date records in EHR.
- Record telephone and other communications as needed in the EHR.
- Manage tasks and scanning as needed to have a complete and current chart.
- Maintain accurate information regarding client’s insurance status.
- Utilize the EHR and any future upgrades as directed.
- Completes quarterly VA reports and reviews with Program Manager.
- Manages referrals and maintains grant census.
- Provides some training and support to grant staff.
- Collaborates with Program Manager and Director on the budget.
- Participates in monthly VA national calls.
- Collaborates with Program Manager on program development and growth.
- Generates and manages referrals from external community partners. Maintains relationships with external partners.
- Participates in weekly individual supervision with Program Manager.
- Provides welfare and safety checks as needed.
- Assists residents to develop money management skills.
- Serves as a liaison between clinical staff and property management staff.
- Provides transportation for residents as needed and appropriate.
- Utilizes cell phone as necessary.
- Maintains current and complete COVID-19 vaccination(s), as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Employee will perform job according to applied laws. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services Related field is preferred.
- Must have knowledge, work history, and education specific to Substance Use, Behavioral Health, Homelessness, and/or issues impacting Veterans.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Job Family Social Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.27
- Max Hiring Rate $23.20
- 3636 W Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80204, USA