Patient Navigator, Vision Services
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Patient Navigator, Vision Services to assist patients in overcoming barriers they may encounter obtaining eye care. This position is responsible for providing case management and navigation services to ensure patients receive recommended services and keep eye appointments. This position is located at 2130 Stout St., Denver, Colorado 80205 and reports to the Program Manager.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Integrates Patient Navigation services in partnership with existing Stout Street Health Center staff.
- Assists in scheduling appointments for specialty services and appointments. Ensures all required medical notes and diagnostic test results are available at time of appointment.
- Assists in eye clinic flow and operation, while maintaining the upmost client care by providing relevant and appropriate health information and emotional support.
- Assists with arranging transportation and help clients arrive at scheduled appointments on time. Transports patients as needed and appropriate.
- Monitors and maintains database for patients with serious eye conditions, including compliance with prescribed treatments.
- Works closely with volunteer staff of eye clinic, including doctors to achieve client’s eye care needs.
- Assists with scheduling volunteer staff on a monthly basis.
- Assists in coordinating Eye Clinic operations.
- Monitors and maintains inventory.
- Coaches and supports volunteers and staff.
- Acts as a program representative and set an example for staff.
- Maintains current and complete COVID‐19 vaccination(s), as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum High School diploma.
- Two years experience in a health (preferably eye) care setting preferred.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) preferred.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s license.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Job Family Office
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.10
- Max Hiring Rate $20.52
- 2130 Stout St, Denver, CO 80205, USA