Administrative Assistant, Housing First
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative, data entry, HMIS, and office support for Housing First which contains 70+ staff members. This position is located at 2100 Broadway, Denver, Colorado 80205 and reports to the Associate Director of Housing First and ACT Services.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a centralized database of all client profiles alongside other tracking systems for RTD bus fares, motel vouchers, office expenses (including petty cash), and food bank orders.
- Provides extensive data entry support for all programs especially in the HMIS and EHR databases, as well as in Excel.
- Assists with internal and external agency reports sent to federal grant sources, and CCH management.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of communal areas for clients and staff.
- Maintains documents for case files and helps organize case files.
- Photocopying, faxing, and scanning into EHR.
- Maintains and schedules repair for office equipment as necessary.
- Schedules maintenance of program vehicles and ensures registration and insurance documentation is available.
- Performs receptionist duties as necessary.
- Participates in all team meetings as requested.
- Creates and edits correspondence.
- Schedules meetings, performs set-up duties for meetings, takes and disseminates meeting minutes and other materials as requested.
- Delivers and picks up program information and mail from other Coalition sites daily.
- Provides orientation to new staff and volunteers and creates new hire binders as needed.
- Maintains proficiency in HMIS and EHR.
- Utilizes Microsoft Excel extensively for tracking and payment in multiple areas.
- Tracks and scans all receipts within department and coordinates with accounting to ensure they receive all necessary proof of payment.
- Responsible for ensuring payments are made to vendors.
- Reconciliation of petty cash each month.
- Orders all supplies needed for the department weekly.
- Coordinates with management to work on new projects as assigned.
- Responsible for tracking all expenses related to the department credit cards, including accounting for every receipt and scanning into the system.
- Creates and runs reports for managers as needed via HMIS and EHR, typically reconciling them in Excel.
- Maintains both hard copies and electronic copies of tracking forms for vehicles, bus passes, motels, and other vouchers in Excel.
- Serves as point of contact for case managers, management, and outside entities to answer organizational and administrative questions.
- Possesses a reliable vehicle and cell phone for use during work hours.
- Maintains a work environment that is marked by respect for others; that values inclusiveness and builds workforce diversity, and that fosters cooperation and teamwork.
- Maintains current and complete COVID‐19 vaccination(s), as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of prior experience performing administrative duties preferred.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVANT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Job Family Administrative
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.92
- Max Hiring Rate $18.30
- Denver, CO, USA