Health and Wellness Educator I; 6122-204-A
- Health and Wellness Services engages the community in interactive health and wellness workshops, support groups, events and resource fairs that cover daily needs including healthy living, COVID 19 and parenting.
- Community Outreach Centers (formerly walk in center). Our Outreach Specialists assess the individuals needs and respond with information, resources, and limited financial assistance.
- Food Resource Services operates a network of 20 food pantries (in partnership with parishes in the Diocese of Brooklyn). Our network helps distribute more than 3 million meals to 300,000 people. Meals include shelf stable items, dairy, meats and fresh produce.
The Health & Wellness Educator I will assist in developing and providing pertinent nutrition, health and wellness workshops in the community. The Health & Wellness Educator I will adhere to all administrative tasks, data collection and comply with contractual obligations. This work will be completed within the Catholic Charities frame of an integrated programming philosophy of family centered, strength-focused, and client empowerment centered practice.
- Facilitate workshops empowering participants to maximize their level of health and wellness to live long, full, and healthy, vibrant lives. The pursuit of health, personal growth, and improved quality of life relies on living a balanced life. To achieve balance, we need to care for our mind, body, and spirit.
- Schedule resources needed for delivery of workshops. This includes locations, materials, refreshments, etc.
- Conduct workshops in accordance with curriculum.
- Ensure workshops run seamlessly by helping to guide and direct participants, “vendors”, and volunteers during activities to ensure that all goals are met in an effective way.
- Provide summary reports and photographs for each workshop or workshop series for marketing and promotional purposes
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Service, Nutrition and Wellness, Group Dynamics or related field.
- Valid driver's license, proof of department of motor vehicles driving history, 3 years of current driving experience with no more than one moving violation in the previous 24 months (2 years), and no driving while intoxicated convictions
- 2 years of experience in group work preferred.
- Prior experience working with families, parents and young children preferred.
- Bilingual Creole
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Ability to bring all necessary materials for workshops to site location
- Ability to travel to five boroughs as needed
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
- Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
- Retirement Savings with Agency Match
- Life insurance
- Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
- Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $47,500.00
- Max Hiring Rate $53,200.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 155-55 Cross Bay Blvd, Howard Beach, NY 11414, USA