Supervisor III; 2238-253-A
161-10 Jamaica Ave, Queens, NY 11432, USA Req #2895
Friday, May 13, 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
Our HomeBase Homelessness Prevention Programs provide services to those who are at risk of entering a shelter due to rental arrears, overcrowding or substandard housing, and to those who have a prior shelter history as part of aftercare services. Services may include case management, tenant/landlord mediation, advocacy/benefit entitlements, short-term financial assistance, referrals and varied workshops that can help individuals who are at risk of homelessness.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, the Supervisor III is responsible for management of Homebase site and will assist Administration in the coordination of services to participants including case management and financial assistance; supervision of staff, interns and volunteers; monitoring all administrative and data collection activities of staff; comply with contractual obligations and funding source requirements including statistical reports and data collection; collaborate with internal and external networks in community building relationships and activities in support of the program and agency mission.
* Supervise volunteers, bachelor and master level interns.
* Develop, plan, implement and lead focus groups and individual interviews for participant program in-put.
* Provide individual and team supervision.
* Recruit staff by screening resumes, conduct screenings and interviews of candidates.
* Onboard staff including new staff program orientation.
* Monitor staff performance; conduct performance appraisals.
* Prepare reports for the funding source.
* Review, approve and assure household financial assistance funds are utilized according to standards.
* Perform tasks related to crisis intervention; review, prepare and investigate participant incidents and
* Provide, arrange and conduct staff training in all areas including policies and procedures; and contribute to staff professional development.
* Develop internal and external community relationships and linkages as outreach and for client referrals.
* MSW preferred or Master Degree in related field required
* Four years’ experience in providing direct services to at-risk populations who are defined as vulnerable adults and families, including but not limited to, those with a history of or involvement with child welfare, addiction, physical or emotional issues, unemployed/under-employed.
* One year experience in supervisory or managerial experience for a social service program required.
* Experience in housing, public benefits and housing subsidies preferred.
* Experience in CARES database preferred.
* Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
* Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings according to the needs of program operation.
* Able to conduct home/field visits and travel throughout the five boroughs as needed.
* Ability to utilize public transportation, climb stairs, walk.
* Frequent sitting, standing, & walking.
* Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $68,978.52
- Max Hiring Rate $77,255.94
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 161-10 Jamaica Ave, Queens, NY 11432, USA