Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner; 4162-617-A
1847 Mott Ave, Far Rockaway, NY 11691, USA Req #3070
Friday, May 13, 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
Our Clinics are community-based which offer a professional and welcoming environment for both clients and staff. The Clinics provide psychotherapeutic and psychopharmacological therapy, as well as individual, group, family therapy, crisis intervention, medication management, case management and collateral sessions. Our staff members follow an approach to health care that emphasizes wellness, recovery, trauma-informed care and physical-behavioral health integration.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Under an affiliation of a physician, the Nurse Practitioner provides services within the scope of his/her license/certification and according to the professional standards of his/her discipline. The Nurse Practitioner will meet CCNS’ requirements for qualitative and quantitative contacts with clients. Including medical evaluations, conducting groups related to wellness and self -management, provides psychoeducation to improve participants understanding and management of specific disorders
* Review the appropriateness of the existing medication regimen through review of the medication record and consultation with the client and staff to prescribe and/or administer medication, including injectable and Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT Services); monitors the effects of the medication on the clients’ mental and physical health, including measuring weight, height and blood pressure for clients ages 5 and older for clients who participate in treatment within the agency’s substance abuse programs and mental health clinics. Document prescriptions, interventions, weight, height, and blood pressure upon every visit.
* Follow-up on referrals made on behalf of the participant and respond to all referrals in a timely and professional manner, recognizing the need for effective collaboration in order to insure the highest levels of service provision.
* Participate in the development of new service initiatives, including research, analysis and preparation of written reports.
* Participate in all CCNS CQI and QA projects.
* Track and maintain paperwork for special programs, such as City funded children’s immunization and flu shots.
* Works collaboratively with the Psychiatrist and treatment team. Functions as a vital part of an interdisciplinary team environment.
* Maintain confidentiality at all times.
* Master’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent
* New York State Nurse Practitioner License and Current Registration
* Current CPR (BLS), First Aid
* DEA registration
* ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center) Certification
* Apply for and maintain valid NPI number
* Must receive (Medication Administration Training) & become MAT certified within first 6 months of employment
* Possess the skills to appropriately assess/de-escalate/intervene in crisis
* Ability to work flexible hours, according to the needs of program operation.
* Able to lift 25 lbs.
* Able to travel to multiple locations within the five boroughs as needed.
* Bilingual Spanish/English; Russian/English; Creole/English; Chinese/English; Korean/English speaking preferred.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $150,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $168,000.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 1847 Mott Ave, Far Rockaway, NY 11691, USA