157 Graham Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11206, USA Req #3065
Tuesday, May 10, 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
One of every five families in the United States suffers from serious housing deprivation. They either live in physically inadequate buildings, suffer from severe overcrowding, or spend an excessive proportion of their income for shelter. Housing costs have increased to the point that millions of families cannot obtain decent housing unless they deprive themselves of other essentials of life. Only fifteen percent of American families can afford to purchase a median-priced new home. Our Catholic tradition insists that shelter is one of the basic rights of the human person. This is why Catholic Charities Progress of Peoples Development (CCPOP) is such a vital part of our mission.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
The Handyperson works as an integral member of the on-site maintenance team to ensure a safe work environment is provided and maintained for all occupants and visitors in buildings managed by POP Management, the housing office of Catholic Charities, Brooklyn & Queens.. The Handyperson is responsible to perform routine repairs in and around the property while adhering to a standard that meets all outside monitoring requirements to ensure a safe and clean environment. Additionally, the Handyperson is responsible to participate in the duties of the regular cleaning and sanitizing of the property. The Handyperson ensures that required safety standards are met.
* Work closely and cooperatively with the Superintendent to ensure optimum maintenance of the property.
* Complete routine repairs in the building as needed and ensure documentation on a Service Request Order.
* Work closely and cooperatively with the Superintendent, vendors, contractors, building tenants, and monitor all mechanical systems for proper operation.
* Perform cleaning tasks and follow trash removal guidelines as outlined by the NYC Department of Sanitation.
* High School or GED preferred, but may be waived for 2 years related experience.
* FDNY Certificates of Fitness preferred
* Certificate of Fitness from the FDNY as appropriate to the work site is required within 6 months of hire.
* Bilingual Spanish/English; Russian/English; Chinese/English; Korean/English speaking preferred.
* Able to travel to multiple locations within the five boroughs as needed.
* Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $37,500.00
- Max Hiring Rate $42,000.00
- 157 Graham Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11206, USA