Maintenance Worker; 1137-703-N
155-55 Cross Bay Blvd, Howard Beach, NY 11414, USA Req #3061
Tuesday, May 10, 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
The Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens St. John XXIII Senior Services provides seniors and their families with ready access to the full array of senior services offered by the Diocese of Brooklyn. We assist seniors in preserving their independence, in continuing to enjoy a fruitful life experience, and in accessing in a timely fashion the spiritual and physical supports that are needed. All senior programs are funded by the New York City Department for the Aging.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
The Maintenance Worker will be required to ensure the center is maintained in a clean, sanitary condition for the benefit of those attending the program and in compliance with health and safety rules and regulations.
* Sweep, mop, wax, and vacuum all floors and stairways
* Wash and dust windows, walls and mirrors
* Scrub handrails, baseboards, and stair landings
* Empty waste baskets and garbage cans daily
* Remove and clean window treatments and dust all areas in the center as directed
* Clean and polish furniture and metal work
* Dust light fixtures, replace light bulbs and fuses
* High School Diploma or GED preferred but not necessary
* Valid New York State Driver’s License (Class D) preferred with Three (3) years driving experience with no more than one moving violation within a 24 month period, no driving while intoxicated convictions.
* One year of maintenance experience required
* Experience in providing minor repairs required
* Pass Fire Drill Conductor test within 6 months of employment
* Required to have good communication skills
* Bilingual Spanish/English; Russian/English; Chinese/English; Korean/English speaking preferred.
* Able to travel to multiple locations within the five boroughs as needed.
* Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $27,300.00
- Max Hiring Rate $30,576.00
- 155-55 Cross Bay Blvd, Howard Beach, NY 11414, USA