Case Manager III; 1252-225-N
183-16 Jamaica Ave, Jamaica, NY 11423, USA Req #3060
Tuesday, May 10, 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
The Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens St. John XXIII Senior Services provides seniors and their families with ready access to the full array of senior services offered by the Diocese of Brooklyn. We assist seniors in preserving their independence, in continuing to enjoy a fruitful life experience, and in accessing in a timely fashion the spiritual and physical supports that are needed. All senior programs are funded by the New York City Department for the Aging.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
The Case Manager III provides comprehensive services to homebound elderly clients in the community through support services to maintain the client at home with a safe care plan.
* Provide a comprehensive in-home assessment and reassessment of the older person’s current functional and cognitive capacities and limitations, unmet needs, and eligibility requirements for benefits and entitlements.
* Develops and implement a care plan with the senior and his/her family when needed, to address the client’s unmet needs in order to assist them to continue to live safely in their own homes.
* Provides crisis intervention services when needed, for situations such as medical emergencies, utility shut-offs, bedbug infestations, and disaster response.
* Provide emergency coverage for Home Delivered Meal clients when the client fails to answer the door, when needed.
* Perform intake activities, which include assessing eligibility, preliminary evaluation of the presenting problem, initiating services as needed and providing information and referral services.
* Complete a comprehensive DFTA assessment form for each client on a timely basis and according to funding source regulations.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Human related services from an accredited college or university.
* Bilingual Spanish/English; Russian/English; Chinese/English; Korean/English speaking preferred.
* Knowledge of entitlement for older adults preferred.
* Good verbal and written command of the English Language.
* Proficient in computer software applications, Excel, and Microsoft Office.
* Within 6 months of hire date learn the DFTA client software system for data entry of client files
* Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
* Able to travel to multiple locations within the five boroughs as needed.
* Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $48,450.00
- Max Hiring Rate $54,264.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 183-16 Jamaica Ave, Jamaica, NY 11423, USA