Nurse Supervisor; 4613-601-N
161-10 Jamaica Ave, Queens, NY 11432, USA Req #3058
Monday, May 9, 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
Our Clinics are community-based which offer a professional and welcoming environment for both clients and staff. The Clinics provide psychotherapeutic and psychopharmacological therapy, as well as individual, group, family therapy, crisis intervention, medication management, case management and collateral sessions. Our staff members follow an approach to health care that emphasizes wellness, recovery, trauma-informed care, and physical-behavioral health integration.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Cabrini Registered Nurse Supervisor organizes and provides clinical supervision to the IHW CCNS Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses, including, but not limited to, delegation of responsibilities, mentoring, evaluating, and educating of the nursing team staff. The Registered Nurse Supervisor is also responsible for providing professional nursing care to clients and proactively supports the efforts to ensure that standards for client satisfaction, client safety, and quality of care are maintained, as established by the NYS Office of Professions. This role functions as one of the primary liaisons between clients, clinical and psychiatric staff.
* Ensures nursing practices of the care team as well as own practices are in accordance with nursing standards, local, state, and federal guidelines, and organizational policy.
* Responsible for ensuring Cabrini grant deliverables are met and monitoring and reporting on progress.
* Develop, implement, and evaluate clinical practice guidelines/care paths for patients.
* Collaborate with all the health care team, to assist in the provision of quality patient care, and facilitate the identification of potential care problems.
* Proactively act as a patient advocate, working to overcome patient barriers, and resolve concerns.
* Meet CCNS requirements for computer generated, typed qualitative and quantitative documentation. Including producing progress notes for every client and collateral contact (including both face to face and telephone contacts), writing and completing thorough, accurate notes on behalf of the individual. Computer literacy is essential. Write notes concurrently in the presence of participants.
* Respond to 24-hour emergency service (BLASK) seven days per week
* Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
* Master’s in Health Care Administration preferred
* New York State Registered Nurse License and Current Registration
* Current CPR (BLS), First Aid
* Three years of nursing supervisory experience
* Experience with Mental Health preferred.
* Clinical Experience preferred.
* Current knowledge of psychopharmacology and side effects.
* Bilingual Spanish/English; Russian/English; Creole/English; Chinese/English; Korean/English speaking preferred.
* Ability to lift at least up to 30 pounds.
* Ability to travel to multiple sites as needed.
* Must be able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and Saturdays.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $115,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $128,800.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 161-10 Jamaica Ave, Queens, NY 11432, USA