Family Worker; 5430-220-N
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Our Early Childhood Development Centers provide education, health, nutrition, and parent-community involvement services to children from low-income families. Through the Montessori approach the center ensures children are ready for school by providing a variety of developmentally appropriate activities that promote cognitive, social, emotional and physical development. Our Early Head Start Centers are open to children age 6 weeks old to 3 years old. Additionally, our Head Start Programs are open to children age 3 years old to 5 years old.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Family Worker is responsible for the programs’ parent involvement. The job responsibilities include but not limited to maintain necessary records, make referrals to appropriate agencies as needed, and work with families in a supportive fashion. The Family Worker in consultation with Family Service Coordinator and other staff serves as a liaison between the center and parents from the community the program serves. Under the supervision of the Family Service Coordinator, the Family Worker will be responsible to assist in recruitment, interviewing, and registration efforts in accordance with the Agency’s policies and Head Start Regulations to determine eligibility of qualified individuals.
- Conducts In-Takes and Family Partnership Agreements; shows parents around the center.
- Elicits social and developmental information on the child, and shares this information with teachers and other staff keeping with the requirements of the family’s confidentiality.
- Responsible for inputting information in the data master, completing documentation, preparing required reports to document compliance with guidelines on in-takes, eligibility, priorities, classroom attendance and records; responsible for In-Kind Reports.
- Receives and verifies financial and other information needed to determine eligibility as required.
- Contacts the families to receive information, referrals, and other services such as employment mental health, counseling, housing, etc. as needed.
- Adheres to all funding source standards in addition to the Agency (Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens) policies and procedures; seeks guidance/clarification from their immediate supervisor regarding interpretation, applicability, and implementation.
- Strictly adheres to and enforces all the Agency policies regarding Confidentiality, HIPAA requirements, and Corporate Compliance regulations.
- Social Service Duties
- Parent Liaison Duties
- Staff liaison and Information Sharing
- High School Diploma required.
- College Degree preferred.
- Family Development Credential preferred.
- 2 years of experience in Human Services required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suit; Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Should be able to travel for inter-borough trainings and meetings.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking preferred.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
- Should be able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations within the five boroughs as needed.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
- Generous time off (Vacation Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
- Retirement Savings with Agency Match
- Life insurance
- Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
- Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at: www.ccbq.org EOE/AA.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $28,684.60
- Max Hiring Rate $31,869.16
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- 16106 89th Ave, Jamaica, NY 11432, USA