Child Development Specialist; 5453-203-A
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness
Our Early Childhood Development Centers provide education, health, nutrition, and parent-community involvement services to children from low-income families. Through the Montessori approach, the center ensures children are ready for school by providing a variety of developmentally appropriate activities that promote cognitive, social, emotional and physical development. Our Early Head Start Centers are open to children age 6 weeks old to 3 years old. Additionally, our Head Start Programs are open to children age 3 years old to 5 years old.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Child Development Specialist (CDS) is responsible for providing professional expertise in Early Childhood Education and Development for CCNS Family Child Care (FCC) Early Head Start and/or Head Start program option. The CDS will have a case load 10 to 12 FCC providers and conduct regular visits to each provider home, not less than once every two weeks. Monitoring and educational support to providers regarding Assessment, Screenings, and manage data in the TSG.
The CDS will periodically verify compliance with agency policy; facilitate ongoing communication between program staff, family child care providers, and enrolled families. The CDS will provide recommendations for technical assistance and support the family child care provider in developing relationships with other child care professionals.” The CDS will monitor the Providers’ homes, consultation, training, policy and procedure development, agency collaboration and tracking of Early Childhood Education/Early Childhood Development services.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Early Childhood Development, Early Intervention or related degree (with minimum of 6 classes with primary focus on ECE/ECD).
- At least one-year related experience with age groups 0-3, through employment, practicum, student teaching, or volunteering in a pre-school educational environment.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, internet and e-mail.
- Ability to develop and implement prevention programs for parents and young children to facilitate development and meet/exceed School Readiness goals.
- Ability to utilize agency resources, technology and library to appropriately answer questions and provides guidance to staff, Providers and parents.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
- Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
- Retirement Savings with Agency Match
- Life insurance
- Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
- Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at: www.ccbq.org EOE/AA.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $33.71
- Max Hiring Rate $37.76
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 35-33 104th St, Queens, NY 11368, USA