Teachers Aide; 5457-205-N
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Our Early Childhood Development Centers provide education, health, nutrition, and parent-community involvement services to children from low-income families. Through the Montessori approach the center ensures children are ready for school by providing a variety of developmentally appropriate activities that promote cognitive, social, emotional and physical development. Our Early Head Start Centers are open to children age 6 weeks old to 3 years old. Additionally, our Head Start Programs are open to children age 3 years old to 5 years old.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Teachers-Aide will assist Teacher and Assistant Teacher to plan and execute age and developmentally appropriate activities reflecting the Montessori curriculum. Responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting the Teacher and Assistant Teacher in maintaining the written documentation/reports in order to meet compliance standards of CCNS, ACS, DOH, CACFP, and other overseeing agencies relevant to NYFD; help to facilitate parent involvement in all aspects of the program and promote positive growth and professional development.
- Ensures a learning environment based on the Montessori approach that helps the children develop physically, emotionally, socially, cognitively and creatively.
- Shares information regarding children and the program with parents via daily contact and informal/formal interfacings, home visits, newsletters, etc.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with parents/families via open communications, training, and other developmental activities.
- Assists Teacher and Assistant Teacher regarding the implementation of activities that will promote social, emotional, cognitive, physical and creative development of children.
- Assists Teacher and Assistant Teacher to complete written observations, progress reports, outcomes reporting, CROWD and other documents relevant to the tracking of children’s progress.
- Assists Teacher and Assistant Teacher in the performance of center- related services/activities such as parent/teacher conferences, home visits, transition meetings, end of year celebrations, etc.
- Assumes responsibility for the operation of the classroom, in the absence of the Group Teacher and Assistant Teacher, thus holding substitute accountable to their duties and responsibilities.
- HS diploma or GED required
- 12-24 college credits preferred.
- CDA credential or a state-awarded certificate that meets or exceeds the requirements for a CDA credential, are enrolled in a program that will lead to an associate’s degree or baccalaureate degree or, are enrolled in a CDA credential program to be completed within two years of the time of hire.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a pre-school classroom preferred.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Familiarization with child development and parenting techniques required.
- Ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment as needed between 5-10 pounds.
- Able to participate and willing to perform physical activities, i.e. Gym
- Required to talk, hear, see, stand, walk, sit, use hands & arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, & crawl
- Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
- Fine hand manipulation (Keyboarding).
- Ability to travel to multiple locations within the five boroughs as needed.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
- Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
- Retirement Savings with Agency Match
- Life insurance
- Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
- Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at: www.ccbq.org EOE/AA.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $28,684.60
- Max Hiring Rate $28,684.60
- Required Education High School
- 525 Parkside Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11226, USA