EHS Teacher; 5457-213-N
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Our Early Childhood Development Centers provide education, health, nutrition, and parent-community involvement services to children from low-income families. Through the Montessori approach the center ensures children are ready for school by providing a variety of developmentally appropriate activities that promote cognitive, social, emotional and physical development. Our Early Head Start Centers are open to children age 6 weeks old to 3 years old. Additionally, our Head Start Programs are open to children age 3 years old to 5 years old.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Early Head Start (EHS) Teacher will assist the teaching team in planning and executing age and developmentally appropriate activities reflecting the Montessori curriculum. The Teacher will be responsible to implement activities that will promote social, emotional, cognitive, physical and creative development of children. The Teacher will elicit input from the Team to complete written observations, progress reports, and other documents relevant to the tracking of children’s progress.
- Ensures a learning environment based on the Montessori approach that helps the children develop physically, emotionally, socially, cognitively, and creatively.
- Participates in the implementation of activities that will promote social, emotional, cognitive, physical, and creative development of children.
- Assumes responsibility for the operation of the classroom in the absence of the Lead Teacher.
- Ensures daily routines such as napping, eating, toileting, timely diaper changing, and washing are carried out in a healthy manner with respect given to an individual child’s needs.
- Ensures information obtained via observations, conferences, tracking, etc. is used to design developmentally appropriate and individualized lesson plans.
- Strictly adheres to and enforces all the Agency policies regarding Confidentiality, HIPAA requirements, and Corporate Compliance regulations.
- Assists teaching team in performing center- related services/activities such as parent/teacher conferences, home visits, transition meetings, end of year celebrations, etc.
- Participates in regularly scheduled staff & team meetings, classroom development workshops on and off site as well as trainings conducted by CCNS, DOE, and other funders.
- AA Degree or BA Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- CDA with Study Plan towards Teacher I
- Minimum of 1 year of teaching experience in a pre-school classroom or infant toddler classroom.
- If not already Montessori trained, must commit to enroll in the Agency’s Montessori training program within the first year of hire.
- Ability to nurture and care children from 2 months of age through 24 months of age.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing, stooping, kneeling crawling, crouching.
- Occasional running.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Should be able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, office equipment, audio visual aids, and teach and play equipment.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
- Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
- Retirement Savings with Agency Match
- Life insurance
- Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
- Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at: www.ccbq.org EOE/AA.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $33,038.21
- Max Hiring Rate $38,200.43
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Some College
- 525 Parkside Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11226, USA