For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness
Our Early Childhood Development Centers provide education, health, nutrition, and parent-community involvement services to children from low-income families. Through the Montessori approach, the center ensures children are ready for school by providing a variety of developmentally appropriate activities that promote cognitive, social, emotional and physical development. Our Early Head Start Centers are open to children age 6 weeks old to 3 years old. Additionally, our Head Start Programs are open to children age 3 years old to 5 years old.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Housekeeper will be required to ensure that all areas of the program are consistently disinfected and maintained in a clean, sanitary condition in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases. Strictly adheres to all Agency policies regarding Confidentiality, HIPAA requirements and Corporate Compliance.
- Sweeping and mopping floors of classrooms, offices, halls, kitchen and bathrooms of center so they are kept in a clean and sanitary condition, disinfected as needed.
- Disinfects all desk, desk shields, bathrooms, including fixtures/knobs, urinals, toilets, sinks, trash cans, classroom equipment, stairwell banisters and gates, outdoor and indoor play areas and play equipment and wall tiles throughout the day.
Records, Supplies, and Equipment:
- Unpacking and storing of cleaning and disinfecting supplies.
- Moving of children’s equipment to and from outdoor play space and moves large furniture indoors as indicated, as needed.
- Keeps inventory of distributed sanitary supplies as needed.
- Assists with food service as needed, in case of emergency (i.e. dumbwaiter is non-operational).
- Assists with painting and repair of play equipment and furniture.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- 1 year of experience in general housekeeping duties, such as cleaning, disinfecting preferred.
- Ability to read and write in order to follow written work schedules required.
- Ability to keep simple inventory of supplies on hand as needed is required.
- Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, going up and down the stairs and make repetitive hand movements in the performance of daily duties.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight 50 pounds including the occasional moving of furniture and setting up and replacing chairs, etc.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
- Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
- Retirement Savings with Agency Match
- Life insurance
- Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
- Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at: www.ccbq.org EOE/AA.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.52
- Max Hiring Rate $15.52
- Required Education High School
- 21-20 35th Ave, Astoria, NY 11106, USA