91-34 182nd Pl, Queens, NY 11423, USA Req #2976
Tuesday, April 19, 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
Each year, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens provides more than 500,000 meals to the homebound elderly, in addition to a full range of case management services. If you are 60 years of age or older and homebound, or know someone who is, and would like a home-delivered meal, please give us a call. We provide one hot meal and one cold pack to clients to improve the quality of life for seniors. Meals include Kosher, non-Kosher and Korean cuisine.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Deliver Meals and holiday packages to frail and homebound elderly clients in the Community.
* Pick up food cooler/bags and deliver meals to predetermined route of homebound clients.
* Deliver the meal in person face to face and remind clients to refrigerate the meals if not consumed immediately
* Contact program office immediately when a client does not answer the door and follow instructions given accordingly.
* Report to program office any observable problems or changes regarding the client and/or any significant information pertaining to the client.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred.
* Valid New York State Driver’s License (Class D) required.
* Must present abstract of driving record annually.
* Must obtain defensive driving certificate within 6 months of employment
* Bilingual Spanish/English; Russian/English; Chinese/English; Korean/English speaking preferred.
* Three years driving experience with no more than one moving violation within a 24 month period, no driving while intoxicated conditions required.
* Knowledge of roadways in the area where program operates is required.
* Demonstrate sensitivity and an ability to relate to the elderly with patience and flexibility is required.
* Able to travel to multiple locations within the five boroughs as needed.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- 91-34 182nd Pl, Queens, NY 11423, USA