161-10 Jamaica Ave, Queens, NY 11432, USA Req #3005
Wednesday, April 13, 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
Our HomeBase Homelessness Prevention Programs provide services to those who are at risk of entering a shelter due to rental arrears, overcrowding or substandard housing, and to those who have a prior shelter history as part of aftercare services. Services may include case management, tenant/landlord mediation, advocacy/benefit entitlements, short-term financial assistance, referrals and varied workshops that can help individuals who are at risk of homelessness.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Social Worker renders professional intervention to clients at risk of homelessness and homeless clients through comprehensive support services (assessment, intake, crisis intervention, information and referral, short and long-term comprehensive case management and financial assistance).
* Provide case management services, assessment and intake of participants to determine eligibility for services, including responding to telephone and walk-in inquires, conduct pre-screenings and provide brief and full services.
* Diligent effort to target, engage, and outreach routinely to publicize the availability of the program to make persons at risk aware of Homebase and other available services and program including attending community meetings, community fairs/events.
* Advocacy, linkage, and escort services for participants to prevent homelessness.
* Provide and/or assure that each case assigned receives regular contact as needed.
* Establish and maintain case records including completing progress notes. Ensure all relevant case related information is inputted into case files and corresponding databases.
* Timely, accurate submission of financial assistance requests with the approval of supervisory staff.
* Provide guidance to clients in dealing with housing-related issues including developing a list of reliable landlords/brokers for the purpose of finding affordable housing; outreach to property owners/landlord to mediate issues that help participants locate or retain housing; inspect housing dwellings to ascertain that they do not pose a threat to the health and safety of its occupants; accompany clients to apartment viewings.
* Ensure that referrals are made to appropriate internal and external services as required to meet the consumer’s/family’s needs.
* Supervise bachelor and master level interns.
* Master’s in Social Work from an accredited social work school required.
* Experience supervising interns is a plus.
* Bilingual skills (Spanish) a plus.
* Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings according to the needs of program operation.
* Able to conduct home/field visits and travel throughout the five boroughs as needed.
* Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $56,100.00
- Max Hiring Rate $62,832.00
- 161-10 Jamaica Ave, Queens, NY 11432, USA