Administrative Assistant; 1141-401-N
55 Pierrepont St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA Req #3157
Friday, July 1, 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
At Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens, we believe your best years should always be in front of you, which is why we’re dedicated to helping seniors preserve their independence and continue to live vibrant, connected, fruitful lives. All older adult services are funded by the New York City Department for the Aging. We help promote active lives. Our Senior Centers offer a range of activities and services, including meals, social services, educational workshops, exercise classes, discussion groups, games, art classes, lectures, workshops, health screenings, organized outings and more.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the overall organization of clerical, administrative and bookkeeping responsibilities of the Older Adult Center per agency and funding source regulations while assisting in promoting a welcoming environment for all older adults and visitors.
* Perform clerical functions at the Older Adult center, including data entry, filing, answering phones and distributing mail.
* Establish and maintain files and records according to agency and funding source regulations including staff time sheets.
* Maintain accurate ledgers according to agency regulations on expenses and contributions for the programs.
* Handle billing matters by processing check requests, interact with vendors and maintain petty cash.
* Maintain program inventory including office and program supplies.
* Prepare and submit all financial and statistical reports required.
* Participate in staff meetings, incident reviews, grievance reviews and case reviews as needed.
* Assist with supervision of volunteers and student interns.
* Meet with Supervisor on a weekly basis to review and discuss care plans, service units and the follow up on cases.
* High School Diploma or GED graduate with course work in business math and bookkeeping.
* Computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook.
* Bilingual English/Spanish, English/Russian, English/Chinese, English/Polish preferred.
* Ability to travel between program sites as needed
* Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.50
- Max Hiring Rate $20.72
- Required Education High School
- 55 Pierrepont St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA