Resource Assistant; 4170-402-N
1623 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11210, USA Req #2873
Friday, July 1, 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
Our Clinics are community-based which offer a professional and welcoming environment for both clients and staff. The Clinics provide psychotherapeutic and psychopharmacological therapy, as well as individual, group, family therapy, crisis intervention, medication management, case management and collateral sessions. Our staff members follow an approach to health care that emphasizes wellness, recovery, trauma-informed care and physical-behavioral health integration.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Resource Assistant will provide general management of office and related bookkeeping, overseeing of all program’s billing systems; oversee clerical/secretarial staff; overall management of physical plant; assesses and coordinates maintenance of premises and equipment; provides information for budget expense decisions; responsibilities producing procedures.
The agency has embraced the concept of a fully integrated system of care for all consumers of service. This requires that the staff assess the client's needs holistically and see it as their responsibility to connect the client with services needed--internal or external to the agency, regardless of the door to which the consumer enters the system.
* Maintain an accurate and orderly record keeping system of financial and office records.
* Prepare check requests; maintain spreadsheets of program expenses to remain within program budgets.
* Maintain and oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable and petty cash funds; responsible for preparation or monitoring of check requests, cash receipts deposit. Oversees and monitors financial records of clients.
* Monitor the completion of staff timesheets, personnel cards, processing of staff insurance claims, payroll authorizations, reports of any incidents/accidents on the promises in a timely manner.
* Manage and oversee the O.T.P.S. budget for office maintenance and supplies; provides timely information to Program Manager for budget and expense handling.
* Visit program sites to ensure program files set up according to agency and funding source requirements.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Two years Business experience including office management, word processing, data entry and basic accounting required.
* Trained on CERNER/NETSMART
* Flexibility to be assigned to another program site in order to provide support staff coverage.
* Bilingual Spanish/English; Russian/English; Creole/English; Chinese/English; Korean/English speaking preferred.
* Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Ability to work extended hours as needed (early morning appointments, evenings and Saturdays).
* Able to travel to multiple locations within the five boroughs as needed.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $21.98
- Max Hiring Rate $24.62
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- 1623 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11210, USA