Peer Specialist II; 4170-207-N
1623 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11210, USA Req #3056
Friday, July 1, 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
Our Clinics are community-based which offer a professional and welcoming environment for both clients and staff. The Clinics provide psychotherapeutic and psychopharmacological therapy, as well as individual, group, family therapy, crisis intervention, medication management, case management and collateral sessions. Our staff members follow an approach to health care that emphasizes wellness, recovery, trauma-informed care and physical-behavioral health integration.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Under the supervision of the Clinical Director the Peer Specialist II uses their life experience to assist members with engagement into the program, provides relevant education and support in order to promote and enhance dignity, self-respect and self-reliance in the community, provide mentorship and service as a role model for all members of the program.
* Support members in developing and attaining their realistic goals.
* Participate in conducting relevant assessments, contact clients not responding to outreach. In addition, where appropriate will assist clients with securing resources and other supports necessary for maintaining the highest degree of independence and self-reliance in the community.
* Enrolling clients into the program, explains release forms, the intake process, etc.
* Provide program coverage and assistant to the staff as requested.
* Participates in the assessment and referrals to obtain the goals of the client/family including their basic needs such as food, clothing, medical care, and shelter.
* Escort clients to medical or entitlement programs
* Assist clients in need under the guidance of program staff.
* Encourage all clients to participate fully in into program activities in order to help them achieve their personalized recovery goal.
* Participate in Quality Improvement projects and assist in the collection of data, particularly data that identifies risk such as hospitalization data
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Provisional New York State Peer Specialist Certification
* Current or former client of a mental health program.
* History of mental illness and at least one year of symptom remission.
* Proven ability to work with people with behavioral disabilities.
* Bilingual Spanish/English; Russian/English; Creole/English; Chinese/English; Korean/English speaking preferred.
* Ability to travel extensively in the community and use public transportation throughout the five boroughs.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.23
- Max Hiring Rate $21.54
- Required Education High School
- 1623 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11210, USA