Suicide Prevention Specialist; 4177-202-N (Bilingual Spanish preferred)
91-14 37th Ave, Jackson Heights, NY 11372, USA Req #2666
Friday, July 1, 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
Our Clinics are community-based which offer a professional and welcoming environment for both clients and staff. The Clinics provide psychotherapeutic and psychopharmacological therapy, as well as individual, group, family therapy, crisis intervention, medication management, case management and collateral sessions. Our staff members follow an approach to health care that emphasizes wellness, recovery, trauma-informed care and physical-behavioral health integration.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Suicide Prevention Specialist (SPRR) has overall day-to-day responsibility and accountability for coordinating all aspects of care for SPRR Program clients. The Suicide Prevention Specialist will work closely with the SPRR Social Workers to provide care coordination, including facilitating access to services and benefits on behalf of clients.
Duties of the Suicide Prevention Specialist -SPRR focus on integration and coordination of physical health, mental health and social service needs. The Care Specialist-SPRR has to become an active participant in all phases of care transition to assure that SPRR clients receive all required mental and medical follow up care and services and must also take action around re-engagement of clients who have become lost to care.
The Suicide Prevention Specialist -SPRR monitors and supports the whole-person needs of SPRR clients and alerts all members of the SPRR Care Team when follow-up is required.
* Provide care for eligible clients across the spectrum of health services, including access to high-quality behavioral health care, physical health (both acute and chronic), as well as social services, housing, educational systems, and employment opportunities as necessary to facilitate wellness and recovery of the whole person.
* Accountable for engaging and retaining SPRR clients in care, coordinating and arranging for the continuous provision of services, supporting adherence to treatment recommendations, monitoring and evaluating their needs, including prevention, wellness, medical, specialist and behavioral health treatment, care transitions, and social and community services where appropriate through the creation of an individual plan of care.
* Ensures the availability of priority appointments for SPRR clients to care services including physical, psychiatric, and substance abuse to avoid unnecessary, inappropriate utilization of emergency room and inpatient hospital services and reduce suicidal ideation and/or situations involving domestic violence.
* Utilizes and electronically tracks all specialty medical, behavioral, and support service referrals made for SPRR clients, and ensures that the client follows up and receives all of the care they need. Tracks and arranges appointments, educates clients and coordinates all aspects of the client’s health and community services.
* Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or a related health/human services field with two (2) years of direct work with the target population. OR Degree/certification in Medical and Clinical Assistance or Health professional field.
* Knowledge of the community medical and DV resources as well as their financial requirements.
* Cross-cultural competency, outreach, interviewing, listening, advocating, linking, negotiating, engagement, monitoring and clinical assessment skills are essential
* Bilingual Spanish/English; Russian/English; Creole/English; Chinese/English; Korean/English speaking preferred.
* Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds.
* Able to travel to multiple locations as needed.
* Able to climb stairs and make home visits.
* Able to stretch and bend to retrieve files.
* Ability to work flexible hours and days – including weekends/evenings/holidays according to needs of a 24/7 program.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
HRSA Student Loan repayment program (NHSC/ STAR / Nurse Corps) approved employer at selected sites. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including generous time off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Savings with Agency Match, Transit, life insurance, Training and other additional voluntary benefits. EOE/AA.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $30.22
- Max Hiring Rate $33.85
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 91-14 37th Ave, Jackson Heights, NY 11372, USA