91-14 37th Ave, Jackson Heights, NY 11372, USA Req #3089
Friday, July 1, 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
Our Clinics are community-based which offer a professional and welcoming environment for both clients and staff. The Clinics provide psychotherapeutic and psychopharmacological therapy, as well as individual, group, family therapy, crisis intervention, medication management, case management and collateral sessions. Our staff members follow an approach to health care that emphasizes wellness, recovery, trauma-informed care and physical-behavioral health integration.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Secretary will provide the overall management of front desk including phones, staff schedules in reception book, distribution of telephone referrals, following up for missed Doctor Appointments, verifying Medicaid coverage, collection of client fees/maintenance of fee cards, & distribution/logging of Metro cards. Provides assistance to clients as they come in and performs lightweight clerical duties to the attending staff.
* Verifying Medicaid coverage, collection of client fees/maintenance of fee cards, & distribution/logging of Metro cards.
* Perform clerical duties for staff Psychiatrists such as pulling charts, preparing encounter forms, & making appointment reminder calls to clients.
* Will perform other related duties as requested or assigned by Agency management.
* Assist in support staff coverage as needed – including physical location change or phone coverage from regular scheduled program site. This may result in a schedule change due to program operating hours.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* 3 years Business experience including office clerical, data entry and basic accounting required.
* Trained on CERNER/NETSMART
* Flexibility to be assigned to another program site in order to provide support staff coverage.
* Bilingual Spanish/English; Russian/English; Creole/English; Chinese/English; Korean/English speaking preferred.
* Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Able to travel to multiple locations within the five boroughs as needed.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.25
- Max Hiring Rate $21.56
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- 91-14 37th Ave, Jackson Heights, NY 11372, USA