Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Operations Specialist is responsible for providing support to ensure efficiency in the Operations of the office. Supports the Operations Vice President and Managers through a variety of tasks related to the Operations area. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the operations concepts, practices and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all assigned duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Leadership – Able to influence the actions and opinions, and exhibit judgement in leading others to worthwhile objectives.
- Analytical Problem Solving – Systematic approach to solving problems through analysis of problems and evaluation of alternative solutions.
- Spoken and Written Communication – Able to clearly present information about the spoken and written word. Influence through oral or written presentation in positive or negative circumstances.
- Interaction & Team Building – Able to work with people in such a manner as to build high moral and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Policy and Procedures – Able to relate to routine operations in a manner that is consistent with existing solutions to problems; uphold and lead others to conform to established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with operations leadership develop, document and update all written standard operating procedures.
- Utilize Produce Pro to generate various reports and information analysis to improve Warehouse and Transportation Operations including:
- Productivity Reporting
- Quality of Service Reporting (Quality, Shorts/Mispulls, etc.)
- New Hire Progression Reporting
- Transportation Reporting
- Utilize Produce Pro to research and resolve daily issues affecting operations and the customer. Find the root cause of the issue and communicate the process breakdown and resolution, if applicable.
- Research, Communicate and track issues/bugs in the Produce Pro system, and follow the issue/bug through to resolution.
- Work with the Vice President of Operations to analyze and evaluate areas of the operation and make recommendations that support and positively impact the various departments.
- Work with and support Operations VP, Managers and Supervisors as required on various projects to enhance processes and/or increase efficiency and productivity.
- Serve as project lead on assigned special projects.
- Manage the administrative functions and run weekly reporting of the Attendance Tracker.
- Work with the Vice President of Operations in the evaluation and documentation of all yearly Capital Budget expenditures.
- Order supplies and equipment related to operations and/or safety (First Aid Kit, AED, gloves, masks, etc.)
- Create all purchase orders and review invoices for accuracy prior to submitting to accounting.
- Review payroll, make corrections and submit to the Vice President of Operations for approval.
- Perform other clerical related duties as needed or assigned.
- Requires a college degree and at least 3 years of experience in a distribution operations role.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to develop accountability systems to achieve high level goals.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to analyze data and formulate improvement plans based on results.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to perform job functions.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate both oral and written.
- Must pass a drug and alcohol screen.
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the warehouse, receiving area, loading area and parking lot.
- Ability to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 16550 Commercial Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70816, USA