Temporary Heavy Equipment Operator
SpecPro Sustainment and Environmental, LLC is seeking a temporary Heavy Equipment Operator to support our project at Fort Irwin, CA. This position is estimated to last no more than 6 months but may be extended as necessary. The position is covered under a Collective Bargaining Agreement and while temporary, will be eligible for benefits per the CBA. Separation of the temporary employment will be provided in advance.
· The temporary Heavy Equipment Operator will collect and dump refuse or recyclable materials from containers into truck. May drive truck.
· Collect refuse, and sort items set out for recycling and throw materials into designated truck compartments.
· Dismount garbage trucks to collect garbage and remount trucks to ride to the next collection point.
· Drive to disposal sites to empty trucks that have been filled.
· Drive trucks along established routes through residential streets and alleys, or through business and industrial areas; Conduct curbside collection of refuse of up to 60 pounds
· Assists in cleaning and maintaining refuse collection equipment
· Operate heavy equipment to haul bails from sort building to landfill and other HEO tasks
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· High School Diploma and/or Equivalent.
· CDL Class A or B Drivers License, required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to follow directions.
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
SpecPro Professional Services, LLC is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Irwin, CA, USA