Temporary Landfill Recycle Laborer
SpecPro Sustainment and Environmental, LLC is seeking three temporary Recycle Laborers to support our project at Fort Irwin, CA. These temporary positions are estimated to last no more than 6 months but may be extended as necessary. The position is covered under a Collective Bargaining Agreement and while temporary, will be eligible for benefits per the CBA. Separation of the temporary employment will be provided in advance.
· The Temporary Landfill Recycle Laborer follows and performs work as directed by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
• Operate the baler and bagging of baled wastes.
• Observe the baler building unloaded wastes for electronic, hazardous, liquid, metal, wood wastes and tires for pulling out and placement in bins outside the baler building.
• Direct customer to take hazardous and liquid waste to other designated locations.
• Direct customer unloading inside the baler building.
• Observe customer and make sure they are following safety procedures.
• Push waste into floor hopper leading to the baler.
• Clean baler building floor.
• Provide litter control inside and around the baler building.
• Laborer's will drive pickup trucks or stake bed truck to kitchen areas when directed by management to pick up all trash bags, cardboard and other trash located behind the RUBA kitchens. Such materials will be hand loaded into the truck.
• A spotter/escort will assist the safe movement of the truck through the RUBA kitchen area.
• After loading the trash, cardboard into the trucks, one laborer will check the slop bin to check on its contents and if at levels requiring swapping and unloading containers, management will be advised.
• Return to landfill where the load is weighed, and type of waste identified
• Trash from the RUBA kitchen will be taken to the Baler building for unloading.
• Recyclables from the RUBA kitchen will be taken to the Recycle Center and unloaded normally at the outside cardboard baler location
• Slope bins will be swapped when full by using a Gradall to load empty slop bins, unload empty slop bins at kitchen and load near full slop bins into the stake bed truck.
• Stake bed with slop bins will be weighed before and after swapping slop bins.
• Gradall will unload near full slop bins at the compost mixing pad area and each slop bid will be unloaded using the Gradall with the rotating forks.
• Slop bins will be cleaned and returned to the empty slop bin staging area.
• Set up containers for the unloading bays for the rotational waste trailers.
• Unloading of trucks into bins by waste type.
• All bags are broken open and waste/recyclables separated accordingly.
• Observe open bags and watch for UXO's. If found evacuate the area and call management. No further handling of that trucks waste until UXO is properly removed and disposed by others.
• Containers will be unloaded in proper roll-off containers with similar waste.
• RUBA kitchen area waste roll-offs will be sorted at the Rotation Waste Handling area by hand similar to the rotational trucks.
• Full containers and roll-off containers will be staged around the rotational waste sorting area so that the Roll-off and Front Loader Drivers can pickup, move, unload and return container in an efficient manner.
• Use of Gradall for these operations is part of the waste handling effort.
• Be able to provide scale house attendant responsibilities which require: a.) greeting all customers at their vehicle with load slip and pen in hand; b.) inquire about customers waste load and observe waste loads;
c.) determine if waste loads are hazardous, prohibited, UXO, hot loads, or unacceptable wastes for the facility;
d.) conduct random load checks of customers on the scale and fill out the load check paperwork;
e.) determine the waste category and direct customer where to unload their waste;
f.) record the customer name/source, time, truck type, waste material, and weight on a load slip;
g.) record load slip into company provided excel spread sheet on a laptop computer;
h.) control traffic to the scale from both directions by directing customers onto the scale;
i.) at the end of the day, all load slips shall be input into the excel spread sheet on the laptop, saved on a flash drive and turned into the management's office.
• When necessary, certain customers will be escorted by the scale attendant to the unloading/stockpile location(s). If there are multiple customers queued at the scale, the customer needing escort will be asked to pull off the scale and wait while the scale attendant takes care of customers. If too many customers are queued at the scale, the scale house attendant will communicate with management for assistance in escorting the customer.
• When there are no customers queued at the scale, scale attendant shall conduct litter patrol near the scale house, clean the scale house.
• After the landfill officially is closed at 3:00 pm, conduct litter patrol at other locations requested by management.
• Lunch and breaks will be filled by management at approximate times pre-determined each day.
• Litter patrol of all landfill areas is required. Litter bags should be collected and taken to the baler building.
• Litter fence damage should be noted to management.
• Wood waste stockpile should be periodically observed for metal, litter and removed.
• Stack pallets for future recycling
• Observe treated wood waste area for unacceptable wastes. Organization and stacking of this wood will be done periodically.
• Cleaning break area, office trailer when requested by management
• Moving bins to the shop area for cleaning, repair and painting.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by management.·
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
• High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum one (1) year experience as a laborer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to use good judgment and common sense when performing job functions.
• Ability to be punctual and posses' patience to work under stressful conditions.
• Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
• Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
• During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Irwin, CA, USA