SpecPro Sustainment and Environmental is recruiting for a Recycle Laborer at Fort Irwin, CA. The Recycle Laborer follows and performs work as directed by management.
The recycle laborer works at the recycle center in support of Fort Irwin’s mission. The responsibilities include
- Commercial recyclable collection; commercial waste collection; mixed recyclable sorting and baling
- litter control: assist customers backing up into recycle center, load bales on trailers,
- Operate and run metal yard: assisting customers backing up and unloading various trucks with forklift, operate bobcat and skid steer to pick up trash
- Bulk pickup with stakebed truck including rotating all non recyclable items such as e-waste, hazardous waste, wood, aerosol cans, and work orders to appropriate locations
- On a limited basis: MSW waste baling at landfill’s baler building; MSW bales placement in landfill; MSW waste landfilling when baler is not operational; necessary covering baled or landfilled waste with soil or tarps; sorting and grinding wood waste; handling/sorting rotational waste (kitchen MSW and food slop waste, trailer delivered waste)
- Observation for hazardous or unacceptable wastes for disposal including UXOs
- Compost mixing, processing and bagging
- Site litter control; dust control; odor control
- Permit compliance and necessary record keeping within the Recycle Center Area/Shop
- Support handling recycle center duties in an efficient, safe, and environmentally sound manner
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a laborer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use good judgment and common sense when performing job functions.
- Ability to be punctual and posses’ patience to work under stressful conditions.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- May be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Irwin, CA, USA