Area Contract Environmental Specialist (ACES)
SpecPro Sustainment & Environmental (SSE) is seeking an individual experienced in providing environmental support in execution of environmental compliance at multiple Army Reserve locations across Northern Texas, covered by the 63d Readiness Division (RD). This individual will support the 63d RD and its units by conducting facility environmental inspections and ensuring compliance with all applicable Federal, state, local, and Army environmental laws, regulations, and policies.
- Assist the 63d RD hazardous waste disposal program, including collecting waste inventories, proper waste characterization, and assignment of waste codes.
- Conduct formal and informal Environmental Performance Assessment System (EPAS) inspections, at least one formal inspection at each facility annually.
- Prepare and submit EPAS inspection memos in accordance with Army Correspondence Regulations, and document findings in the database of record. Follow up and assist facilities/units on completing corrective actions.
- Attend up to 12 environmental planning meetings annually.
- Assist with teaching one initial training class and conduct six environmental refresher classes annually.
- Assist 63d RD environmental program managers with field research.
- Sign hazardous waste manifests for the 63d RD.
- Attend, in-person, two environmental workshops during the performance period.
- Participate in the quarterly Environmental Quality Control Committee (EQCC), and in weekly and bi-weekly conference calls with the 63d RD Environmental Division and with ACESs program management.
- Provide assistance with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents. Assistance includes writing drafting sections of Records of Environmental Consideration (RECs) and Environmental Assessments (EAs) as required for facilities within the ACES’s area of operation.
- Assist the Compliance Program in other ways as needed.
- Associate’s Degree in Environmental Planning or a closely related field from an accredited institution preferred.
- Five years of experience conducting facility environmental inspections and ensuring compliance with all applicable environmental laws, regulations, and policies. Experience with Military operations a plus. ACESs may substitute applicable time in Military service to meet this 5-year requirement.
- Experience with Microsoft software suite, to include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Hold a current 40-hour certification in signing hazardous waste manifests as required by 49 CFR 172.704 Subpart H (preferred).
- Be able to learn and become proficient with various online databases.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must. Candidate will interact with Federal, state, and local regulators and Army Reserve Civilian and Military personnel.
- Candidate should possess excellent time and organizational skills.
- Candidate should be a self-starter, with a desire to learn and grow within the field.
- Candidate will have frequent travel requirements, estimated up to 50%.
- Candidate should be able to walk entire facilities/sites, up to 40-acres, within an 8-hour period, carrying all necessary equipment and supplies to perform their duties. ACES should be able to negotiate moderately difficult outdoor terrain including hills and wet, rocky, and uneven surfaces.
- Candidate must be able to pass a government background check and maintain a Department of Defense Common Access Card (CAC).
- Pay Type Salary
- Grand Prairie, TX, USA