Cog Train Dispatcher ($14 -$16/hr)
Manitou Springs, CO 80829, USA Req #702
Wednesday, February 2, 2022
Summary: Ensure the safe and efficient movement of trains with customer and employee safety being top priority. Communicate clearly and efficiently with train engineers and conductors to maintain on time schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Direct and coordinate railroad traffic, monitor all rail movements and maintain computerized records of all activities
· Maintain familiarity with scheduled trains, times of arrivals and departures
· Communicate with personnel on weather or any environmental conditions affecting train movement
· Coordinate movement of trains according to operating plan and customer needs
· Monitor train and track movements
· Remotely control track switches in the depot facility
· Report alleged violations of operating rules and any irregularity relating to the movement of trains.
· Coordinate track usage with Engineering Department personnel.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education
degree (GED); Two or more years of college preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Data Entry, Microsoft Office
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee may work in close proximity to diesel engines and train horns.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the environment can occasionally be loud.
Work schedule is non-standard. Weekends and holidays required, some night and early morning work may be required. Work load is seasonable with peak work coming in the summer between
Memorial Day and Labor Day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Wednesday, February 2, 2022
- Manitou Springs, CO 80829, USA