Branch Operations Leader - Brighton and GVR
Thank you for your interest in Bellco Credit Union! We’re a local not-for-profit organization that has been giving back to our members, the communities we serve, and of course, our employees since 1936. Offering one of the best employee benefits packages around, Bellco is a leader in fostering, developing, and engaging staff to become expert financial-service ambassadors. You’re a part of something more at Bellco—a place you can be proud of.
BRANCH OPERATIONS LEADER
LOCATION: Bellco Branches
Oversees operations area for assigned branches. Ensures compliance with operational procedures. Responsible for audit scores. Performs as manager-on-duty for assigned branches and supports branch and corporate sales and service goals in the absence of the branch manager. Serves as an operational resource for Member Sales and Service Supervisors and Branch Managers. Resolves escalated issues keeping Branch Manager informed. Develops staff to increase operational, policy and procedure knowledge.
The Take Home:
- Bilingual employees fluent in Spanish & English earn an extra $1–$1.50/hour
- Position eligible for monthly incentives
- Benefit eligible:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Up to 8% 401(k) employer match
- Education benefits like Student Loan Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Auto & Mortgage Loan Discounts
- Paid Holidays & Time-Off
Reports to: Branch Operations Manager
Contacts: Credit Union members, merchants, vendors, other financial institutions, miscellaneous Bellco departments and employees.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business/Finance or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years financial services
Minimum 1 year of leadership experience including the MIT program, opening and closing duties, etc.
- Loan experience preferred.
- Strong operational skills
- Sales and service skills
- Coaching and training abilities
- Willingness and ability to sell products and services and to coach others to do so
- Clear communication, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Can accurately and efficiently enter data and update member financial records via computer terminal
- Ability to accurately maintain a teller drawer.
- Knowledge of computer programs ex. Excel and Word
- Additions or modifications to these requirements may be made as needed to maintain service levels to members.
Equipment: Online computer/P.C. terminal keyboard and mouse with visual monitor, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, computer printer, ATM, Magic scanner, Verifast Machines, cash machines, and security alarms.
- Provides a valuable and enjoyable experience to both internal customers and members during interactions. Consistently suggests ways to improve the member/customer experience through improved processes and technology.
- Effectively manage operations of multiple branches, including accountability for audit scores. Ensure compliance with Operational Procedure Manuals. Ensure monthly branch audits are completed accurately and in a timely manner. Produce daily, weekly & monthly audit reports.
- Routinely performs as the only manager-on-duty in the branch and serves as a back-up to the branch manager in the assigned branches including but not limited to, morning huddles, setting daily individual and branch production goals, participating in morning sales calls, actively supporting and engaging branch personnel, and holding staff accountable for goals identified.
- While serving as the manager-on-duty, handles member issues and complaints and makes decisions regarding solutions.
- Work with branch manager to maintain operational integrity and coach frontline staff on policy and procedures.
- Participate in the on-boarding and training of branch management.
- Identify areas of opportunity to increase branch efficiency. Conducts on going analysis of branch activities, workflow and operations with a specific strategy devised towards meeting corporate goals.
- 10. Understand and communicate various types of loan and deposit products.
- 11. Manage areas of compliance risk to the credit union including but not limited to, MIP errors, SARs, CTRs and holding employees accountable to BSA policies.
- 12. Monitor cash flow and volume in the branch to meet member need and mitigating liquidity risk while staying within predetermined cash limits.
- 13. Make new account opening decisions beyond the authority of the frontline staff by reading and interpreting CBRs and determining potential risk for monetary loss and fraudulent activity.
- 14. Maintain knowledge and conduct training of opening and closing procedures to maintain a secure and safe working environment.
- Inspect delegated tasks to not remove responsibility for accuracy and completing in a timely manner.
- 16. Create branch schedule to properly allocate personnel resources in assigned branches.
- 17. Effectively manage own work schedule to ensure operational inspection activities take place at assigned branches.
- 18. Inspect frontline transactions to ensure accuracy and proper holds are being placed to mitigate fraud and potential loss.
- 19. Effectively communicate any member escalations that cannot be resolved in the branch to the appropriate party within the organization.
- 20. Lead weekly team meeting to ensure a high level of communication and understanding of content discussed during Supervisor meetings
- 21. Coach tellers on WOW behaviors to increase member service survey scores.
- Makes decisions on immediate performance issues while the manager is out, and refers other issues to the branch manager for action.
- 23. Contribute to corporate and branch goals and support current business priorities using strong sales/referral skills.
- 24. Lead and manage the branch audit team including conducting meetings and keeping the Branch Operations Manager informed of areas identified as needing improvement or focus.
- 25. Understands and effectively implements all appropriate regulations.
- Serves as a branch-wide source of knowledge on credit union operating procedures in order to provide necessary support to branch staff.
- 27. Track and report sales and operational productivity.
- 28. May perform all frontline duties as necessary.
- 29. Regular and punctual in person attendance.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
- In order to meet the financial service needs of our members, position may necessitate changes in hours or location.
- Bellco requires all employees who drive their personal or a company vehicle in the routine performance of their jobs to have a valid Driver’s License. They must also provide proof of valid insurance.
“Bellco Credit Union is the one organization passionately committed to improving our members’ quality of life by building their wealth and securing their financial future”
- Pay Type Salary
- Hiring Rate $52,500.00
- Bellco Corporate Offices, 7600 E Orchard Rd, Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States of America