Senior Recertification Specialist
Senior Recertification Specialist, Georgetowne Homes, Hyde Park, MA
**$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR NEW HIRES!**
General Statement of Duties: Interacts directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy. Acts as the Company’s representative by conveying the benefits of the community. Responsible to review the required paperwork for move-in (MI) from introduction to the actual occupancy of the resident.
Supervision Received: Reports directly to Property Manager.
Supervision Exercised: As required.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities, and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff to provide high quality customer service.
- Processes income certifications/recertifications and updates in Yardi database.
- Reviews income certifications/recertifications completed by the on-site COS.
- Processes monthly Section 8 Housing Assistance Payment Billing.
- Processes and transmits TRACS (Tenant Rental Assistance Certification System).
- Provides instruction and guidance to COS and Leasing Staff regarding the application process.
- Coordinates leasing to include intakes, interviews, processing and preparation of applications, and their distribution.
- Coordinates and maintains waiting list.
- Review lease packages and supplemental documents for new move-ins.
- May assist with training/mentoring of new COS.
- Special projects as assigned by property manager.
Education and Experience: Associates degree or equivalent is required. Certified Occupancy Specialist Designation required. Minimum two years tax credit experience, C#P designation, COS-P. Requires professional knowledge of multiple subsidiary regulations and COS expertise gained through experience or education.
Qualifications and Skills: Basic math proficiency required. Knowledge of subsidy regulations. Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel; knowledge of Yardi helpful; highly motivated and able to work independently; ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time-sensitivity; excellent organizational and proofreading skills; attention to detail; strong interpersonal skills; high energy; ability to be an active team member within the Company. Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
COS Functional Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Self Development, Personal Organization, Productivity, Computer Skills
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
**$500 payable with first paycheck $500 payable after 90 days of employment (New hires only)
Beacon Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family Compliance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Hyde Park, Boston, MA, USA