Property Manager, Georgetowne Homes - Hyde Park, MA
General Statement of Duties: This position is responsible for housing management, budgeting, housing agency and should have a commitment to community. Through subordinate staff, It is responsible for all compliance and occupancy programs, along with the administrative functions that support Georgetowne operations.
Supervision Received: Reports to Director of Property Operations
Supervision Exercised: Manages direct reports as assigned, including but not limited to Compliance, Leasing/Occupancy and Operations Support.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
Manages financial operations of the site following company and government agency rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Ensures agency regulation compliance and deadlines for documentation through collaboration with the Compliance Department
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports as needed, including but not limited to: , management metrics, marketing metrics, delinquency/ occupancy metrics, bad debt write-offs, and expense reports.
- Reconciles reports to General Ledger and approves vendor invoices and cash receipt batches.
- Monitors energy/utility consumption.
- Supervises rent collection.
- Monitors turnovers and major replacements.
- Provides information and fulfills requests from corporate office staff.
- Optimizes revenue occupancy, Net Operating Income and Cash Flow
Represents Beacon Communities to the public and collaboratively develops a partnership with local public officials, local businesses and agencies.
- Collaborates with Senior Resident Services Coordinator to establish property work plans and develop course of action.
- Responds to questions and complaints from the public.
Manages the rental program utilizing forms, documents, and computer programs following company, HUD, LIHTC, and/or Public Housing guidelines to assure eligibility for continued occupancy.
- Oversees all aspects of rental/management office. Monitors rental programs, waiting lists and administers all renting and leasing procedures.
Oversees the Administration of the ADA/Section 504 reasonable accommodation policy in coordination with the Compliance Department. Oversees leasing process, income certifications/recertifications, and approves agency billing where applicable. Ensures affirmative action compliance and reporting. Oversees move-ins/outs, security deposits, transfers, rent changes.
Manages staff and oversees hiring, termination, status changes and performance management decisions.
- Conducts performance and compensation appraisals.
- Sets standards for work performance and communicates standards to employees.
- Conducts weekly staff meetings.
- Trains and develops employees, including new hire 90-day assessment/feedback.
Performs site inspections for continued compliance following company, HUD, and LIHTC rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Handles all aspects of site and unit inspections.
- Interacts with housing and human service agency personnel, lenders and investors.
Assists with marketing activities to promote the property.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred but not required (Business Administration, Real Estate or Public Administration preferable), or equivalent knowledge or experience.
Experience: Three years of related work experience. Experience as a manager of a public or private apartment/condo complex with responsibilities for leasing/admission, maintenance, management of administrative, maintenance or contract employees, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualifications, Abilities and Skills: Must be familiar with housing management, budgeting, housing agency regulations and if applicable, affordable housing programs such as section 8, LIHTC, etc. The candidate must possess strong organizational and management skills and the demonstrated ability to work as a critical member of a team that is committed to building strong communities. Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel. Yardi proficiency preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Working Conditions: Ability to physically inspect the properties in their entirety to include walking/climbing stairs, and ability to withstand all weather conditions. Must respond to ‘after hours’ emergencies.
Special Requirements: Must possess and maintain a vehicle and valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record history to obtain and maintain employment
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Management Competencies required for all Management positions:
Decision-Making/Judgement, Communication, Budgets/Cost Control, Managing for Results, People Development.
Property Manager Functional Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Computer Skills, Hiring.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Property Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Hyde Park, Boston, MA, USA