Area Resident Services Manager - Community Engagement
General Statement of Duties: The Area Resident Services Manager (ARSM) is responsible for the training, oversight and assessment of assigned Senior Resident Service Coordinator’s (Sr. RSC’s) and Resident Service Coordinators (RSC’s). The ARSM serves as a teacher and mentor to the RSC and Sr. RSC. The ARSM ensures that there are appropriate on-site programs and community support services for residents that will enhance resident quality of life and meet identified needs. The ARSM is responsible for developing high quality partnerships with community agencies and ensuring ongoing performance. The ARSM will support the Sr. RSCs and RSCs in their growth, assigning individual projects and providing mentorship. This is a remote position based out of Erie, PA, however travel will be required throughout the Northeast to multiple Beacon community locations.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- In collaboration with Community Engagement (CE) corporate team hire, on-board and train all RSC positions within the assigned region.
- Provide ongoing support to RSCs in developing excellent working relationships with property management teams and with residents.
- Direct and guides RSCs to ensure appropriate programs are offered to residents that help build community among residents and create linkages to resources in the community.
- Develop results focused programs and community partnerships and ensure partner organizations are held accountable for ongoing high-quality performance.
- Track and report on progress as required by partners and funders to fulfill commitments/ contractual obligations. Review reports completed by RSCs, analyze them to understand performance and use the data to inform future programming. Provides direct support and oversight of large contacts that are correlated to any contractual obligations.
- Lead effective internal communications with key leadership and between departments: property management, development, asset management and external with partner, agencies, and funders.
- Collaborate with RSCs and property management ensure that RSCs know what the CE budget is, have a plan to spend and track the budget to ensure it meets the needs of residents.
- Provides Reasonable Accommodation (RA) oversight, conduct monthly review of RA logs and provides general RA support to RSC’s for assigned communities.
- Determine coverage plan for RSCs on extended leaves and/or at sites with vacant RSC positions, provide site-based support to residents as needed.
- Provide direct support or assign regional RSC/Sr. RSC as needed, to market sites or other Beacon sites that do not have RSCs on site.
- Lead response actions to emergency crisis which may require multiple daily planning meetings with Beacon Leadership, CE Department Leadership Team and Resident Service Coordinators.
- Any one position may not include all duties listed herein. Conversely, additional duties may be required that are specific to the individual site.
Here’s what we’re looking for
- Experience building and maintaining effective partnerships and working with social service providers and other organizations on projects that require coordination among multiple agencies.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and interest in motivating and energizing staff while implementing a multifaceted strategy that is being tested to refine the Beacon model.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in using data and evaluations to inform practice and design social interventions that promote successful communities.
- Experience engaging, communicating and collaborating with residents of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational, communication (oral and written), and problem-solving skills.
- Strong personal initiative, attention to detail, and ability to work independently required.
- Entrepreneurial, creative with an interest in guiding an initiative through uncharted waters.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, 5+ year of management and industry-related experience, with prior experience supervising staff.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Resident Services
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Erie, PA, USA