AREA MANAGER, REGION 10 - BOSTON, MA
General Statement of Duties: Works independently to supervise and coordinate all site management responsibilities at multiple properties. Accountable for satisfactory financial performance, physical condition and marketability of assigned properties. Acts as a resource for other Managers.
The Area Manager for Region 1 will be supporting multiple Beacon communities around Massachusetts including, but not limited to:
- 140 CLARENDON (Boston, MA)
- CAMDEN (Boston, MA)
- CONWAY COURT (Roslindale, MA)
- GEORGETOWNE HOMES (Hyde Park, MA)
- LENOX 1 & 2 (Boston, MA)
- MANDELA HOMES (Boston, MA)
- OLD COLONY (Boston, MA)
Supervision Received: Reports to the Regional Vice President.
Supervision Exercised: Supervises directs reports as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Meets weekly with site staff of each assigned property.
- Formulates training programs and schedules based upon hiring requirements or identified training needs for direct reports or special assignments.
- Evaluates and revises orientation training curriculum to improve effectiveness or industry changes.
- Provides on-going assessment of Trainees through a 30, 60 and 90-day program. Monitors progress in performance and identify areas of deficiency for follow-up training.
- Develops, monitors and oversees all site management related programs, policies, plans, contracts and agreements for multiple properties.
- Hires, trains and Supervises staff.
- Oversees all aspects of rental/management office. Monitors all rental programs and waiting lists and administers all renting and leasing procedures-- market and low-income housing tax credits.
- Supervises rent collection, income recertification process, deposit procedures and reviews agency billing.
- Oversees preparation of all reports, including monthly management, weekly marketing, delinquency/ occupancy, excess rent, bad debt write-off, and expense reports.
- Has oversight and review of preparation for annual operating budgets.
- Monitors energy/utility consumption.
- Prepares reserve for replacement withdrawal packages and monitors receipt and deposits.
- Interacts and negotiates contracts for services and supplies.
- Interacts with housing agency personnel.
- Ensures agency regulation compliance and deadlines for documentation.
- Responds to requests for information from home office personnel.
- Ensures affirmative action compliance and reporting.
- Administers ADA/section 504 reasonable accommodation policy.
- Interacts with residents, holds resident meetings and handles resident complaint procedures.
- Supervises and coordinates all marketing, resident services, recreational activities and programs.
- Oversees security procedures.
- Monitors turnovers, major replacements, exterminating.
- Oversees all aspects of maintenance and landscape.
- Handles all aspects of site and unit inspections.
- Monitors all aspects of site safety, accident and insurance reporting and emergency and media training.
- Follows through with evictions and apartment transfers.
- Monitors service orders, purchase procedures and inventory.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent knowledge or experience.
Experience: Five years' of related work experience. CPM, COS, C3P, and LIHTC certified.
Qualifications and Skills: Must be familiar with housing management, budgeting, housing agency regulations and the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Yardi. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, self-motivated, flexible, creative and detail oriented. The candidate must possess strong organizational and leadership skills and the demonstrated ability to work as a critical member of a team that is committed to building strong communities. In addition, the candidate must be committed to the development of assigned staff through training, constructive performance review and mentoring. Ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time sensitivity. Ability to be an active team member within the company. Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Management Competencies required for all Management positions:
Decision-Making/Judgement, Communication, Budgets/Cost Control, Managing for Results, People Development.
Area Manager Functional Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Organizational Savvy, Managing Diversity, Leadership.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Property Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Boston, MA, USA