Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist, Corporate Office, Boston MA
General Statement of Duties: Responsible for input of invoices and intercompany process for corporate, residential and development. Process checks via AvidPay for multiple companies and other projects as assigned.
Supervision Received: Works under the general direction of the Accounts Payable Manager.
Supervision Exercised: None
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Process corporate, development and residential invoices in Yardi and AvidBill. Run intercompany program as necessary, and assist with variance reconciliation.
- Process accounting entries and adjustments through journal entries.
- Perform accounts receivable functions; including daily bank deposits and receipt entry.
- Reconcile corporate and site credit card accounts using Concur.
- Process monthly mortgage invoices.
- Reconcile vendor statements and follow up on vendor inquiries.
- Process distribution invoices and review for accuracy.
- Process ACH payments and manual checks as needed.
- Audit and verify expense reports using Concur software.
- Maintain automated document storage programs.
- Review and maintain centralized invoice automation and data capture software applications.
- Ensure accuracy of data entry input by reviewing system generated batch reports.
- Confirm accuracy of invoice documentation and appropriate approvals.
- Provides accounting assistance to managers and operating staff; responds to questions.
- Complies with applicable government regulations. Complies with company policies, rules, and regulations.
- Ensures timeliness of all functions.
- Maintains and respects confidentiality.
- Work on special projects and ad hoc reporting as needed.
Education: Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience in Accounting.
Experience: 4 plus years of accounts payable experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software. Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills. Excel, Word, and Yardi. Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with accountants, managers and vendors. Good communication skills and strong analytical skills for problem solving. Self-motivated with ability to work independently. Eye for detail, accuracy imperative. Excellent organizational skills. Desire to learn and share knowledge with others. Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work under pressure due to work complexity and time sensitivity. May require some nights, and/or weekends during peak periods of business. Familiar with real estate management a plus.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility
Beacon Accountant Job Competencies:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Problem Solving/Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Organization, Productivity
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Accounting
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Boston, MA, USA