Accounts Payable Staff Accountant
Accounts Payable Staff Accountant, Corporate Office, Boston MA
General Statement of Duties: Responsible for input of intercompany payables processed for corporate, residential and development. Checking account reconcilement. Reconciling G/L accounts. 1099 reporting and all areas of IRS and tax items.
Supervision Received: Works under the general direction of the Accounts Payable Manager.
Supervision Exercised: None
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Reconcile an average of 20 bank accounts monthly.
- Run intercompany program as necessary and assist with variance reconciliation.
- Process accounting entries and adjustments through journal entries.
- Reconcile corporate and site credit card accounts using Concur.
- Manage all aspects of 1099 reporting.
- Manage IRS Levy’s and Liens.
- Audit and verify expense reports using Concur software.
- Review and maintain centralized invoice automation and data capture software applications.
- Work with Human Resources to process Benefit Billing for employees.
- Ensure accuracy of data entry input by reviewing system generated batch reports.
- Provides accounting assistance to managers and operating staff; responds to questions.
- Complies with applicable government regulations. Complies with company policies, rules, and regulations.
- Handle manual billing and receivables for subsidiary companies.
- Ensures timeliness of all functions.
- Maintains and respects confidentiality.
- Work on special projects and ad hoc reporting as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience in Accounting.
Experience: 4 plus years of accounts payable experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software. Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills. Excel, Word, and Yardi. Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with accountants, managers and vendors. Good communication skills and strong analytical skills for problem solving. Self-motivated with ability to work independently. Eye for detail, accuracy imperative. Excellent organizational skills. Desire to learn and share knowledge with others. Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility
Beacon Accountant Job Competencies:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Problem Solving/Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Organization, Productivity
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Accounting
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Boston, MA, USA