Assistant Property Manager/COS
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER / RECERTIFICATION SPECIALIST (COS)
The Birches at Chambers - Kingston- NY
General Statement of Duties: Assists the Property Manager in fiscal planning, staff supervision, physical property management and resident relations. interacts directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy. Acts as the Company's representative by conveying the benefits of the community. Responsible for the leasing process from introduction to the actual occupancy of the resident.
Supervision Received: Reports to Property Manager.
Supervision Exercised: Minimal supervisory duties required when the Properly Manager is absent.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
- Responds to telephone and on-site inquiries.
- Assists to maintain positive resident relations.
- Processes income certifications/re-certifications for multiple affordable housing programs and updates Yardi database.
- Assists with processing monthly Section 8 Housing Assistance Payment Billing as needed.
- Processes EIV reports in accordance with EIV regulations.
- Greets applicants and provides instruction and guidance lo prospective residents during application process.
- Coordinates leasing to include intakes, interviews, processing and preparation of applications, and their distribution.
- Coordinates and maintains waiting list.
- Assists with rent collection efforts by participating in multi-hand touch with reviewing or posting rent checks.
- Assists with rent collection efforts by mailing notices to delinquent residents.
- Prepares lease packages and supplemental documents for new move-ins.
- Conducts new resident orientation in conjunction with Properly Manager.
- Assists with property/apartment inspections.
- Special projects as assigned by Property Manager.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff to provide high quality customer service.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Assists Property Manager in budget preparation and financial management.
- Assists with maintaining service agreements and current certificates of insurance from vendors.
Education: Associate Degree or equivalent knowledge or equivalent knowledge or experience. Certified Occupancy Specialist Designation preferred.
Experience: Two years of related property management work experience. Designated certifications (LIHTC, Project-based Section 8, etc.) where required for property type.
Qualifications and Skills: Must possess a strong work ethic. Ability to establish a cooperative working environment with staff. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Yardi. Basic math skills. Knowledge of subsidy regulations. Strong verbal and written communication skills, self motivated and detail oriented. Ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time sensitivity. Fluent in English. Bilingual capabilities may be required depending on property. Physical ability to stand/walk for long periods of time, lift boxes, move furniture, shovel snow, etc. Must have the ability to visually inspect property, including grounds and building interiors as well as the ability to climb up and down stairs for tours and inspections. Ability to be an active team member within the company. Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
COS Functional Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Self-Development, Personal Organization, Productivity, Computer Skills/
Beacon Management Competencies required for all Management positions:
Decision-Making/Judgement, Communication, Budgets/Cost Control, Managing for Results, People Development.
Assistant Manager Functional Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Computer Skills, Hiring.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Property Management
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Kingston, NY 12401, USA