Boston, MA, USA ● Virtual Req #986
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Contract/Temporary Recruiter - Boston, MA/Remote
The Contract/Temporary Recruiter is responsible for working with candidates through all phases of the recruiting life cycle. The day-to-day role of the Recruiter is to act independently, exercise autonomous judgment and discretion with skilled candidates, effectively source, interview and match candidates to current and future job requirements reviewing resumes, screening candidates and referring applicants for administrative, operational and management positions to hiring managers throughout the company.
The Recruiter must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all functions within the company, an understanding of the company's organizational structure as well as knowledge of human resources policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class).
- Effectively source candidates using a variety of methods, including social media, job boards, and referrals.
- Screen resumes and refer qualified applicants to hiring managers for interviewing.
- Develop and maintain a consistent pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Organize candidate search process and manage expectations around rates, titles, and client requirements.
- Prepare candidates for interviews with clients by providing tangible and detailed information that will help to ensure a successful interview process.
- Maintain effective and frequent communication with candidates to develop long term relationships.
- Work independently and exercise independent judgment in the determination of engaging, developing and maintaining suitable candidates.
- Manages candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Assist at times with reference and background checks.
- Maintains and provides recruiting reports
- Monitors the careers folder in Outlook and responds to applicants
- Backup support to HR Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of recruiting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience recruiting in Property Management or comparable industry a plus.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced, competitive environment
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to persevere and be resilient in face of setbacks and challenging goals.
- Employees in this Recruiter role must demonstrate a significant degree of independence, organizational commitment, experience and professionalism
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in MS Office. Especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Applicant Tracking System (ATS), Dayforce.
Beacon Core Competencies Required: Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility/Confidentiality
Beacon Functional Job Competencies required for a Recruiter Position:
Job Knowledge, Communication, Professionalism, Organization, Interpersonal Skills, Phone Skills, Recruiting Interviewing Skills, Supports Diversity, Employment Law, Results Driven, Judgment
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities - 2018, 2019, 2020 Boston Globe's Top Places to Work!!
At Beacon, we strive to make a difference in our residents’ lives. We build outstanding communities that make enduring contributions to the vitality of our cities and towns. We create communities that serve a diverse cross section of our society. Our communities are healthy and vibrant. Why? Because they are planned with care, consideration, and compassion.
Company Overview: Founded in 2004, Beacon Communities LLC is a privately-owned real estate firm that develops, acquires, invests in, and manages a wide range of multifamily housing. Beacon currently owns and manages approximately 18,000 apartments including affordable housing, market rate housing, and mixed income-housing. Its developments range from new construction, to historic adaptive reuse, to the renovation of existing housing.
- Job Family HR
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Boston, MA, USA