Part-Time Resident Liaison
Part Time Resident Liaison, Greene Hills Estates, Springfield, VA
General Statement of Duties: Primary responsibility is providing administrative assistance, service and support to the Property Manager and staff. Represents the company professionally to the general public and members of the community.
Supervision Received: Reports directly to Property Manager. Also may receive oversight by Resident Service Coordinator Area Manager.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Acts as a liaison for Resident Services
- Processes reasonable accommodations
- Rent Payment Online
- Conducts unit inspections
- Assist with Pest control coordination
- Assist Processing lease violations
- Assists Property Manager in addressing on-site criminal matters
- Submits work orders and maintenance requests
- Troubleshoots parking issues and administers parking permits
- Fields waitlist questions
- Acts as liaison with Residents
- Greets and assists applicants, residents and guests.
- Prepares, types and files office correspondence including letters, reports, and spreadsheets.
- Answers telephones in a professional manner; directs calls and records messages.
- Assists with rent collection efforts with Property Manager.
- Completes special projects assigned by manager
- May have some programming and community building responsibilities
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and agencies.
- Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Follows company policies, rules and regulations.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or G.E.D. required. Associates degree or equivalent experience; business management, operations, communications, and administrative support preferred.
Qualifications and Skills: Strong computer proficiencies required. Intermediate proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Basic proficiency with Yardi desirable. Fluent in English. Strong oral and written communication skills. Highly organized and detail oriented. Ability to work in a fast paced environment where priorities change daily. Deadline driven. Demonstrates strong initiative and high level of professionalism.
Work Schedule: Full time. Flexible hours based on schedule of programs and events. Evening and weekend hours may be required on occasion.
Physical Capabilities: Ability to walk a ¼ mile without resting and ability to climb stairs
Transportation: Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle to be able to travel to conferences, trainings and other properties as required
Beacon required core competencies:
Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader with goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
INTEGRITY / ETHICS:
Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance / punctuality requirements.
Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
ADAPTABILITY / FLEXIBILITY:
Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts to meet changing needs.
Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands Company mission / values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, and understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
Seeks out and accepts feedback, is a proactive leaner, takes on tough assignments to improve skills, keeps knowledge and skills up-to-date, turns mistakes into learning opportunities.
Operates within the organization’s formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others’ roles and perspectives, can sell projects and ideas across the organization.
Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
Beacon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Resident Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Springfield, VA, USA