Recertification Specialist (Bilingual - Spanish/English)
Boston, MA, USA Req #913
Friday, May 13, 2022
Recertification / Certified Occupancy Specialist (Bilingual), Mandela Homes - Boston, MA
**$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR NEW HIRES!**
General Statement of Duties: Interacts directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy. Acts as the Company’s representative by conveying the benefits of the community. Responsible for the leasing process from introduction to the actual occupancy of the resident. Must be bilingual in Spanish and English.
Supervision Received: Reports directly to Property Manager.
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required.
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Processes income certifications/recertifications for multiple affordable housing programs and updates Yardi database.
• Processes monthly Section 8 Housing Assistance Payment Billing.
• Processes and transmits TRACS (Tenant Rental Assistance Certification System)
• Greets applicants and provides instruction and guidance to prospective residents during application process.
• Coordinates leasing to include intakes, interviews, processing and preparation of applications, and their distribution.
• Coordinates and maintains waiting list.
• Prepares and maintains office and rental expense budgets.
• Assists with rent collection efforts by mailing notices to delinquent residents.
• Prepares lease packages and supplemental documents for new move-ins.
• Conducts new resident orientation.
• Special projects as assigned by property manager.
• Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
• Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
• Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff to provide high quality customer service.
• Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Education and Experience: Associates degree or equivalent is required. Certified Occupancy Specialist Designation required. Two years sales/leasing experience or equivalent. (Depending on property needs, COS experience with Project Based Section 8, Section 236, Rent Supplement and 13A experience may be needed).
Qualifications and Skills: Bilingual in Spanish and English. Basic math proficiency required. Knowledge of subsidy regulations. Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel; highly motivated and able to work independently; ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time-sensitivity; excellent organizational and proofreading skills; attention to detail; strong interpersonal skills; high energy; ability to be an active team member within the Company.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
COS Functional Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Self Development, Personal Organization, Productivity, Computer Skills.
**$500 payable with first paycheck
$500 payable after 90 days of employment
(Sign-On Bonus is for new hires only)
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities - 2018, 2019, 2020 Boston Globe's Top Places to Work!!
At Beacon, we strive to make a difference in our residents’ lives. We build outstanding communities that make enduring contributions to the vitality of our cities and towns. We create communities that serve a diverse cross section of our society. Our communities are healthy and vibrant. Why? Because they are planned with care, consideration, and compassion.
Company Overview: Founded in 2004, Beacon Communities LLC is a privately-owned real estate firm that develops, acquires, invests in, and manages a wide range of multifamily housing. Beacon currently owns and manages approximately 18,000 apartments including affordable housing, market rate housing, and mixed income-housing. Its developments range from new construction, to historic adaptive reuse, to the renovation of existing housing.
- Job Family Compliance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
This posting is inactive.
- Boston, MA, USA