Nurse Consultant - RN - $3,000 Bonus
Nurse Consultant (RN)
$3,000 Bonus - $1,500 after 3 months, $1,500 after 6 months
Unique and exciting nursing position with Bay Cove Developmental Services. Come be a part of our dedicated and caring nursing team and partner with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities living in group homes in the Revere area.
Convenient flexible schedules (no nights, weekends or holidays,) small case load, positive supportive work environment and great benefit package; including 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation, 3 personal days and 9 sick days annually! No experience required, willing to train but DD experience is a plus!
- Full Time – 40 hours per week
- Very Flexible Scheduling – typically Monday-Friday 10-6 but open to discussion
Someone who is passionate about DD Nursing and is a strong advocate for adults with disabilities. Someone who is compassionate, an excellent teacher/trainer in informal settings as well small classroom settings, and is a team player. Someone who possesses basic computer skills for record keeping, documentation, email, etc. Experience with individuals with developmental disabilities is a plus.
The Nurse Consultant (RN) is responsible for providing direct nursing care, monitoring the health care of individuals in the assigned caseload and assisting them with accessing appropriate health care. The Nurse Consultant is also responsible for monitoring the medication system and providing health related training to staff and individuals. The Nurse Consultant will be responsible for the clinical supervision of LPN's in the assigned caseload. The Nurse Consultant contributes to Bay Cove’s mission by providing effective and compassionate services and through advocacy, education and leadership. This is an exempt position, and does require some on-call consultation and responsibilities.
Supervision of LPN(s) in the assigned caseload.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Actively participate on clinical teams, consult with Program Director(s), Senior Program Director(s) and Nurses to advocate for health and wellness needs of individuals in programs through on going consultation with program management, staff/clinical meetings, and supervision.
- Monitor, evaluate and make recommendations regarding medical issues.
- Facilitate communication with program staff and medical professionals including meeting with them as necessary, regarding medication and or health care needs of individuals.
- Advocate for access to high quality health care for individuals.
- Provide training to staff and individuals on health care topics, such as diabetes blood pressure monitoring, insulin management, g-tube and j-tube feedings, skin care, health care documentation, etc.
- Complete documentation and maintain records such as nursing notes, health care assessments, or health care treatment plans.
- Monitor medical record keeping systems and Medication Administration Program (MAP) to ensure compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Provide direct nursing care to individuals as needed.
- Provide clinical supervision of LPN’s in the assigned caseload when applicable
- Act as on-call consultant to staff on a rotating schedule.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned by the DHS, Dir. Care Coordination or VP of Developmental Services
Requirements for the Position:
- Massachusetts Licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
- Proficient in clinical and professional interpersonal skills, verbal, writing, and computer skills
- Valid driver's license
- Use of personal cellular telephone and vehicle for work purposes
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
Bay Cove Mission:
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/ partners
Bay Cove’s Employee Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans. Bay Cove pays for 70% of health insurance costs beginning on the date of hire.
- 403(b) Tax-deferred annuity plan, with employer match
- 3 weeks of vacation annually, with 4 weeks after 3 years of employment, and 5 weeks after 6 years of employment
- 9 sick days annually
- 12 Holidays annually
- 3 Personal Days annually
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefit
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and daycare expenses
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Professional Development and Educational Assistance
- Pay Type Salary
- Revere, MA, USA