Nurse - Dosing - Per Diem - Treatment Center - BONUS $3,000
Bonus - $750 for every 200 hours worked up to $3,000.
Bilingual candidates are eligible for an additional $1 an hour
It is the mission of the to help opiate addicted individuals achieve a recovering lifestyle. This mission is accomplished through the use of methadone medication as a treatment agent (either through the modality of detoxification or maintenance) and by intensive outpatient individual and group counseling, weekly drug screening, and added services including case management, HIV/AIDS treatment, and family/couples counseling as needed.
It is your job as Dosing Nurse to support our mission in your day-to-day responsibilities as indicated below.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Not applicable
Requirements for the Position
· Current RN or LPN license in
· One year substance abuse or psychiatric experience preferred
· Current CPR certification
· Must have the ability to work with mentally ill and/or/substance abusing individuals in a respectful, compassionate, and supportive manner
· Must be able to work within a multidisciplinary team as well as independently
· A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
· Not applicable
Essential Functions of Position:
· Assessment of each client for appropriateness to receive methadone dose
· Accurate use of breathalyzer
· Accurate dose preparation
· Accurate preparation of take home doses
· Documentation of all medication dispensed
· Proper documentation of spilled, wasted medication
· Maintain safety (alarm, safe, dosing only with security staff present)
· Maintain professional boundaries
· Able to set consistent limits with clients
· Accurate documentation of methadone inventory
· Follow policies and procedures as outlined in Nursing Manual
· Provide health education as needed
· Maintain Universal Precautions
*Direct care nursing staff with a history of substance abuse must have a minimum of three years of sobriety and non-use.
Required Training: As determined by supervisor
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $33.00
- Max Hiring Rate $42.00
- Boston, MA, USA