Mental Health Worker - Per Diem - Marie's Place - BONUS up to $3,000
Bonus - $750 for every 200 hours worked up to $3,000.
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
The CCS Mental Health Worker (MHW) provides direct services to adults in crisis at the CCS. S/he will carry a case load based on daily census and will provide direct care supports including admission, treatment planning, running groups, case management, and discharge. S/he ensures safety of all clients through provision of as needed 1:1 supervision, conducting and documenting checks, proactively addressing escalating behaviors. The MHW also provides for operation of the CCS in terms of meal set-up and clean-up; room maintenance; keeping the unit clean; and doing laundry. This is a non-exempt position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Functions of Position:
- Completes and documents admissions, treatment plans, client daily documentation, and discharge summaries in accordance with BCHS, DMH, BMC, MBHP, and BEST.
- Ensure that the unit follows the daily schedule of program activities, client meetings, and groups. Oversight of therapeutic groups as leader, co-leader, and observer.
- Ensures for the cleanliness and upkeep of the unit, assists in meal preparation and cleanup, completes bed set up and gathers linens.
- Maintains effective working relationships with insurers, DMH, BMC, BEST, local community resources, and treatment/rehabilitation programs throughout the Cape Cod community.
- Participation in daily rounds with multidisciplinary team and follows up on identified issues for the unit and for the individual clients.
- Ensures that safety protocols are routinely reviewed and followed consistently by all staff (such as emergency systems; identification and remedy of facility safety hazards; security systems; lock up of sharps and any potential toxins; hazardous waste management; checks protocols, checking vitals protocols, etc).
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements for the position:
- Minimally 3 years’ experience working in a mental health setting.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in working as an effective team player in a fast-paced unit
- Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a pressured situation and maintain clarity, focus, judgment, and compassion
- Ability to provide leadership
- Ability to identify problems and initiate solutions to problems
- Ability to work with people in crisis in a hopeful and compassionate manner and model this for others
- Ability to work independently
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds and complete cleaning and laundry
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.45
- Boston, MA, USA