Recovery Support Navigator - Mirasol Center for Healing - BONUS $3,000
Boston, MA, USA Req #987
Friday, July 15, 2022
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Bonus: $3,000, $1,500 at 3 months, $1,500 at 6 months
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
Supervised by the Bay Cove Treatment Center Project Manager, the Recovery Support Navigator (RSN) works as an integral member of the Treatment Center’s clinical team. The RSN partners with a broad-base of clients of the Treatment Center with a specific focus on incarcerated clients and clients involved with the
justice system. The RSN collaborates with clinicians, medical staff and service organizations to provide outreach, case management, and supports to navigate various systems of care. The RSN assists clients to access treatment for mental health and substance use disorders and related community resources, including housing, primary care, and employment. The RSN possesses thorough understanding of community culture to address the barriers to successful recovery, use human experience language and provide links to community resources and treatment options. This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Maintains a caseload of clients for outreach, case management and supports
- Completes comprehensive assessment of clients’ needs, assets, and contribute to the clinical team’s development of treatment planning
- Maintains up to date case documentation in the program’s electronic health records (EHR) systems
- Liaise between the recovery community, addiction and mental health treatment system, medical providers, and community resource systems to help clients to navigate systems of healthcare, and social services
- Negotiates and create opportunities for access to treatment with client’s participation; advocate on behalf of clients to help decrease barriers to care
- Promotes client engagement through ongoing outreach, advocacy, and support
- Participates in treatment team meetings and required training as scheduled
- Perform other duties as necessary
Requirements for the position:
- BA/BS degree in a behavioral science (social work, psychology, human services etc.) preferred
- Certification in substance use disorder treatment (LADC, CADC) and related certifications preferred
- Experience working with incarcerated clients preferred.
- Familiarity with the Department of Corrections and other justice systems preferred.
- Familiarity with addiction and mental treatment systems preferred
- Familiar with the principals involved in crisis intervention
- Strong advocacy skills along with knowledge of community-based services, resources, and local recovery community
- Effective use of the Internet and Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel
- Valid MA driver’s license in good standing
- Bi/multilingual abilities preferred
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Demonstrated understanding of the efficacy of Medication for Addiction Treatment (MAT) as one of the multiple pathways to recovery
- Excels at problem-solving, time management with the ability to multitask; organized, efficient and process directed
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships to include effective boundaries with clients/families and staff
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA